“Ideally based for a short trip to Sofia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Niky

Hotel Niky
Ranked #24 of 127 Hotels in Sofia
Neath, Soth Wales
“Ideally based for a short trip to Sofia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is located 10 minutes from the centre of Sofia.
The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were basic but clean. The breakfast was decent enough offering a variety of rolls, pastries, fruit and cereals.
The hotel has a very nice beer garden offering a great range of soft and alcoholic beverages as well as traditional meals if required.
Sofia is a city in need of some restoration, however, much has been done to make the visitor comfortable and safe. There are many fabulous buildings and churches to be seen.
Sofia is occupied by many comfortable coffee houses and cafés, a welcome site after a hard days site seeing.
The hotel was well situated to allow us to visit the attractions and various restaurants. One of our favourite evenings was spent at the skyline bar of the Sense Hotel offering fabulous views of this compact and interesting city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gwyneth006_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

While on a 3 month motorcycle tour of Europe, I visited the Hotel Niky. It is a city center type hotel that is clean, modern and friendly. The sights of Sofia are nearby and easily accessible by Metro. I extended my stay here several times as I enjoyed the place. The staff allowed me to park my motorcycle on the sidewalk in front of the hotel. However, I am not sure where you would park if you were driving a car. Reaching the hotel can be a little complicated with a number of one way streets in the area.

However, once I arrived, the staff was friendly and spoke English. The rates were middle range and reasonable for this location. My room was booked through Hotels.com.

The room included breakfast. The breakfast wasn't anything elaborate, instead it was a simple continental type fare. It was a little disappointing, but still the hotel was a very nice place to stay. Also, I had dinner there which was reasonable, tasty and the atmosphere was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location: it's located within a very short walking distance from the bul. Vitosha part of which is a pedestrian street filled with stores and restaurants. The metro is also close by. If you're in the walking mood you can easily walk to the main attractions from the hotel since Sofia is very small.The hotel is in a quiet street right in the middle of the two big avenues so there's not much noise.
Hotel: the hotel is clean. Smallish rooms but not uncomfortable. The bathroom is ok but just a bit uncomfortable because the shower is open and the water gets everywhere. Toiletries, a safe, mini bar, and hair dryer are offered in the room.
The reception staff is very helpful with travelling suggestions. Also, the breakfast served is good.
It was a good choice, we enjoyed our stay.

Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My stay at hotel niky was much enjoyable. I first moved there alone but after a day my family joined me for further 2 days. I was a bit lazy in making bookings and in spite of booking a room online I kept delaying it till I reached the place. I was lucky enough to have a courteous staff there that not only welcomed me but also made every effort to get me a room of my own choice. After settling myself I started getting worried for my family who had to reach after 20 hours. I called the manager from room and he arranged a perfect room for my family despite full bookings. The complementary stuff starting from breakfast to newspapers to some limited laundry services literally did not let me spend some extra bucks. Honestly, I did not spend much on food items since lunch and dinner was also inexpensive. We as a family recommend you to stay there!

Ravenna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to Sofia for 4 days... We have choosen this Hotel because was in the center (very close to the main street). The room was quiet also because the room has a double door so you don't hear anything from outside the door. Big enought and confortable. A bit hard the mattress. The room and toilet was clean and the room cleaning service was nice.
The breakfast was ok... most of all salad thing (that personally I prefer). We have tried the restourant also because we had a discount code of 10%. The food was good (just a bit too much Oliy). The proce was aboslutelly good (we paied about 28 euro for a dinner for 2). The funny thing is that they give you a paper where you can express you vote for the food, service and so on.... but.... waiters...precompile it for you with all goods ;-) So is an Unusefull thing. 8 for the place, 7 1/12 for the food, 6 for waiters. People at reception is kind and explain you everything you need to go around sofia. We suggestyou to ask at receptionist if you think to book a taxi. So you are sure you book a not scame company.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel has a nice welcoming lobby and reception. They speak English and one of the reception staff was extremely nice and helpful, having lived and trained in the US. My room was large (they had made a mistake and put me in a larger room than I reserved, but didn't charge the difference), but had an unfortunate bad sewer smell coming from the bathroom that the receptionist said was common in several rooms and there was nothing they could do about it, just suggested I put the bath mat over the drain, which I did, along with keeping the fan on and door shut and it made the room more bearable. The room was modern, well outfitted and clean, but the pillows were either hard or lumpy and not comfortable. The computer in the lobby wasn't working the whole three days we were there and they were waiting for a technician to repair it, but there is free wifi everywhere. There is a lift and the hotel is quiet and comfortable. It was a good value in a good location and with a really good inexpensive restaurant that was the highlight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank romalaurita
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over weekend of 18/19/20 October with 5 friends. We checked in on Friday afternoon and the receptionist was very friendly and made us very welcome on our first trip to Bulgaria. First impressions were very good.
The hotel and room was very clean and tidy. The only downside to the room was the intermittent cold and hot water supply in the shower - one second it was too hot, the next second it was too cold.
The hotel is very central and is very close to the major transport links. More importantly, it is also close to the great JJ Murphy's Irish bar. It is also very close to the main shopping area. The breakfast had a very basic choice of cereals, cold meats and hot food but it was sufficient to set you up for the day.
This hotel was perfect for our weekend break and ideally located. It was also great value for money and I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013