“Oh Dear”
Review of Hotel Niky

Hotel Niky
Ranked #15 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at the Niky many times and is definitely my preferred hotel in Sofia. Good restaurant great breakfast and so nice to have the garden to sit in while eating. This trip we were only there for one night because of a booking mix up. The booking was for one night at the start of our journey and one night the end. For some reason they could not take the booking direct from me as I have previously done direct. I then booked with booking.com and could only get one of our dates. Room was good as always by ho dear the shower tray had a spilt in it (found when in shower with water on) flooded the floor. When I went to reception I was told that a new tray was coming. I was offered another room but I declined as we would be away in the morning. After several e-mails to Niky I did receive a genuine apology and a admission that the room should not have been let.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is the hotel that I like to stay when in Sofia. Ir is not far from the Vitosha blvd., and also from the hristo Botev Blvd. The rooms are very clean, and nice, they are generally big and roomy, mostly suites of 2 rooms and prices are not so high as expected. Last time paid for a single with shower which was a very big room - 40euros a night.
There is a rstaurant in the garden of the hotel which serves very good food and also gives a 10% disount to the guests of the hotel. I had quite a lot of friends to visit me and we dined there with pleasure

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I only spent one night here, as I was joining a tour group the next day. I arrived by taxi from the train station after dark, and since the area we drove through was deserted I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. It seemed set up for large groups, and I felt out of place as a solo, but the food was good. My room, not so much.

I was glad I was only staying one night: My room had a sloped ceiling with a skylight and small, low window and felt claustrophobic. The screen on the AC had been pushed in. The shower door was broken and didn't close properly.

I stayed in September 2011.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thursdaysd
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed in this hotel. The previous time was during a winter and now it was during a heatwave. We booked a twin de-luxe room. The room was big with plenty of space and extra's e.g. kettle, coffee/tea etc, it also had a balcony and was at the back of the hotel so was quiet. Our only tiny issue was the air conditioner wasn't in the best spot to keep us as cool as we'd have liked at night. This may just have been our room as another guest in another room was fine. We asked at reception for a fan but they didn't have one. By the second night we were cooler after leaving the air con on constant since arrival. The restaurant is fantastic and we ate at the hotel for most meals. We sat outside in their garden which was lovely and shady. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and it was very, very good. I will use this hotel again as it's great value and in a good location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, big rooms, their garden restaurant is awesome! Bathrooms are a bit small, but it didn't make my experience less pleasant, as they are clean and have all they need.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stayed for seven nights as a part of an adoption of a little girl. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed as a family of four in a suite. It had a king bed and a fold out couch that made into a standard double. The kitchenette didn't have silver ware or plates, but did have a glass and four coffee cups. This hotel was located on a quite side street within walking distance of most downtown sites and the bus routes to get to Mt Vitosha and Boyana. The restaurant had good food at very reasonable prices. The city trash is collected at the corner at about 1 am each weekday morning; again a little loud as the truck drives through the street. No worries really. We had a great stay!! We highly recommend if you are staying for a night or a week.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have stayed there twise; the first time we had a suite, the last time a standard room. Both vere very good value prices taken into consideration. The suite was spacious with a separate livingroom with a workdesk, a sitting area and a simple kitchenette. The standard room was on the small side, but sufficient enough. The rooms were well cleaned every day. We were not bothered with noise of any kind in the night, as there is little traffic close to the hotel.
As far as we have experienced, breakfast in Bulgaria is quite simple in medium range hotels like Niky. But the choise in Niky is comparatively good, and far more than what we have in our everyday life at home.
The hotel is within easy walking distance to most major attractions, and to the shopping area.
The staff were helpfull and friendly enough, and were allways at our service when we asked for something.
Hotel Niky has a very nice restaurant, which in our experience was much used by locals. This made the atmosphere nice. The food was good and the prices very reasonable.
The one negative thing we have to say about Niky, is that the beds in both rooms we have tested were not very comfortable. In the suite the doubblebed was on the narrow side, so we booked a room with twin beds the next time we visited the place. All the matresses were very hard, so if you have a problem with that, you might reconsider. The second time we brought a thin campingmatress which is blown air into, put it on top of the bed and this solved the problem to a certain extent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple