“Usually we spend our time in the garden”
Review of Art Hostel

Art Hostel
Ranked #18 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Sofia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Art-Hostel has the best atmosphere i ever seen in hostels all over the Europe. I went there by mistake, but from the first moment i took a step there, i knew that my 1 night stay was to be more, in fact i stayed 8 nights just because i couldn't leave there. The staff were the best and coolest ever. The garden is amazing, you wont believe how much time you will spend there. The price is cheap so that you can stay longer and longer. :) The rooms and common bathroom is not extremely clean but acceptable. And it stands in a good location.
Most important tip: spend a day in the garden and you wont be able to leave.

p.s. thanks a lot for everything you did, Nik.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked this hostel for a few days with about 20 close friends, and after paying there was a series of unfortunate events resulting in us having to ask for the money back and visit another country, on the website it states that you can cancel a booking up to 48 hours before. We cancelled the booking 6 weeks in advance and after not receiving the money after multiple emails I wrote a review on here, the hostel stated that if I took down the review we would receive the money back. I retracted the review and we are still waiting for a significant amount of money! The Art Hostel state that we cannot have the money back as they have already spent it. If this is the case then it must be a terribly run hostel. I will go out of my way to recommend that others don't visit this hostel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Leo C
1ana1smith1, Manager at Art Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am one of the owners of the Art Hostel and want to ask you to remove this review, as this refund was refunded completely on 18.06.2013 and the review is not relevant anymore. I can send you bank transfer documents if needed.
Rayna Moneva

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rugby team booked the hostel for 3 nights, paid up front but due to unforeseeable circumstances had to cancel. Plenty of notice given, but hostel has ignored the refund policy and avoided refunding us a penny for over a month now. Beware!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank C4Hannah

Rayna Moneva

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in this hostel for two nights and I relly enjoyed it. I came with friends for the weekend to see sofia and it turned out the hostel was a perfect starting place for that. The atmosphere in the hostel along with the really friendly staff made it feel like sharing a flat. It therefore seemed to be a good place for backpackers or people who also want to get to know other guests.

Along with the roms, there goes free breakfast, a free to use kitchen and a great bar/common room downstairs. Also the location is very central and the city center with bars/restaurants can be reached easily by foot.

Overall, I would definately recommend saying here.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Andreas W
Reviewed February 5, 2013

An amazing staff, great people, and Art Hostel has the best bar/pub in Sofia. A perfect place to have a nice chat, a couple of beers when you'r listening some really cool live music. A place to visit more than once.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank danielbacchieri
Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of the best hostel I ever stay. The atmosphere is great and the place very artistic. Staff is very friendly and helpful and definetely is a place to meet travelers arround the world. The pub into the hostel it is great for some drinks, especially if there are live concert of bands. Our room was comfy and cute-but a bit cold. Definetely a place I will visit again!

Room Tip: there is another building near to the hostel, that they use it as hostel too. Asked a room there as...