“Overall satisfied”

Ranked #32 of 131 Hotels in Sofia
Heraklion, Greece
“Overall satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed 3 nights in Festa hotel, during my visit to Sofia. The place is clean and the people very kind. As far as I remember, there was a free internet connection.
One drawback. I tried the food in the hotel. Average quality, and rather expensive for the bulgarian standards. It was disapointed that the whole menu was western style. Nothing bulgarian.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Michail M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Most unhelpful team of staff soured the stay - not a patch on the Greenville where I have previously stayed

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife, myself and our 2 year old chihuahua picked this hotel as a stop-over coming from a very nice vacation spot near Volos in Greece and going to our temporary "home" in Bucharest.
Philippa (my Mio GPS) gave me some work to drive in Sofia, but, this hotel stay pays back the trouble.

Reception people very friendly. Everything was very easy and very quick.
Still in vacation my time next week is booked by the time driving to Germany to pick the bike I bought a month ago, so, I choose the safest way. Underground parking for x-tra €5.
A valet offered the services, but I prefer doing it myself. No problem.
Room very very quiet, clean.

Restaurant, top of the line.
I had Festa salade, coming with salmon very interesting folded, dreasing and extra lemon. Everything fresh. My wife had a tasty chicken soup.
Main course, and this was a killer, a peper stake. We have switched the french fries with mashed potatos, medium. The beef melts, great taste. Sorry about the wine, we picked beer (thirsty from the road, I know, I know, next time I promised).
At the end we have had creme brulle.
I gues they prepare this somewhere near heaven.
Sorry, I cannot express what I felt. Usually my wife is not into the sweets, so I prayed to the sky to let me finish hers. She had no mercy!!!
I tell you, if anytime thru Sofia, this is a very affordable hotel, friendly people, and do not miss restaurant.
Emil was our waiter. He made me feel like a king. Even he tought me how to add half inch of foam to the beer..
Enjoy...
I am so exciting that cannot even wait to finish my stay here, LLLOL, few hours ago we arrived, tomorrow morning we will hit the road, aint this something?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tsunnami
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Nice hotel and rooms, abit outside the city center.

They offer parking for about 5-10 euro per night.

It is recommended that you move by TAXI in the city center since it is affordable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Festa is one of the cheaper 4-star hotels in Sofia. It's not so far from the center, in a quiet, but quite well-connected area. They have 2 conference halls (15 people and 200 people capacity), two restaurants and many rooms. Prices are very good. Service is quite low - although there are no smoking signs around the hotel, you could see staff smoking freely. They are not the most friendly or fastest in adressing issues. Food is OK, but it comes quite slowly.

It's worth the price, but the price's not worth it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

i would recommend this hotel and go back to it again. No problems. The room was updated and modern. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from the 9th-11th March 07 last. This was a short business trip for us. A colleague booked the hotel for us, and we were very pleased to find such a nice hotel. The Barcelo Festa Hotel is a newly built hotel, about 10 minute taxi ride from the centre of Sofia. There is not much to do around the hotel itself ie.. like many other buildings all along this road, it is mainly business and apartment blocks.
But taxis are so cheap into the city centre , it doesn't really matter. The hotel is beautiful , with lovely rooms, and marble bathrooms. It was extremely quiet over the weekend stay we had, we only saw a few guests there. It is a strictly business week day hotel we were told. This was great for us, very quiet and no delay in service etc... Food is cheap here, and quite good, although I recommend eating in some of the lovely restaurants in the city, in particular,Restaurant Uno near the Opera house, an italian eatery which served gorgeous italian food, just don't be in any hurry, it is a place to sit down and relax for the night while dining.

If you have to visit Sofia, I definitely recommend the Barcelo Festa Hotel, all staff were very well trained and spoke excellent english and could not be more helpful. The hotel is very reasonable , prices around 120-130 euros a night per room inclusive of breakfast for two, which comprised of the bulgarian version of an english fry up, lovely hot croissants of various types, toast ,rolls etc....juice & coffee, plenty to eat and cooked fresh. This is a very good four star standard at least in my opinion and there is a leisure spa etc... which I did not get to try out this time.A very good hotel to stay in if you are visiting Sofia.

Stayed March 2007