“Everything was perfect!”

Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Bengaluru, India
“Everything was perfect!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Everything from the word GO was fantastic... Ever smiling and helpful staff
Great rooms... I mean this is meant for Business travelers so one cannot expect fancy rooms but the rooms had a nice feel, a well stocked minibar, internet access at great speed, Super breakfast with great options...
Only gripe was that wifi on my phone did not work very well .but they did offer to test and give me another room.... And I declined as I felt lazy to unpack and pack again...they had a great spa, pool ... which was very inviting but I did not have the time :(
Otherwise, If you need to be around Business Park in Sofia... This is a great options...
If It was a personal visit, i would have chosen to stay in the old quarter near the centre...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We thank you very much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Sofia.

For us it is truly rewarding to know we have succeeded to meet your expectations for a wonderful stay and to note that you felt very welcomed and comfortable in our hotel. We are also grateful for your comments in respect of the extensive breakfast offering that we provide to our guests. Our Esprit Leisure & Spa Club with 19 m indoor pool, large gym , sauna, steam room, indoor and outdoor whirlpools and spa as you mention is indeed one of the best in town and we highly recommend you try it during your next stays with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience online and look forward to your next visit at the Holiday Inn Sofia.

The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have a company in Sofia Business Park we've been working with for 5 years now, so I've been down in Sofia four times and have always stayed at this hotel. I reviewed the hotel positively in the past but it had been a few years since I was here last, so I was interested in seeing if the hotel was the same standard I remembered.

I was plesantly suprised to see that the hotel didnt seem a day older, even though it had been four years since I had last been there. The hotel is kept immaculately clean in the public areas and the rooms are also very clean. I always look forward to a visit to the hotel because of the great fitness center and pool/sauna/steam room area. Service is friendly and the value for money is also quite good.

My only small complaint is that the beds are too hard for my taste. In a previous review I had complained about overpriced breakfast; I took my own advice this time and skipped it. Definitely recommended--good value for money and one of the cleanest, best kept hotels I've stayed at.

pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your wonderful experiences at the Holiday Inn Sofia during the past several years.

We are most appreciative of your very positive comments regarding the pristine condition of our property. We put significant efforts in cleaning and maintenance, and it is truly rewarding when we receive our guests' recognition.

We also thank you for your lovely comments in relation to the Esprit Fitness Club & Spa - it is indeed one of the best in town and we are pleased you enjoy spending your leisure time there.

Your comments will be shared with our entire team as they serve as a reinforcement to continue our efforts in making the Holiday Inn Sofia a leader in excellence.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was always hesitant about staying in this venue, due to its location quite remote from the center, about 20 mns drive, or ~10 € by cab one way. So here are the pro's and cons

Location, finally not a major problem if you dont have many meetings in the center, or if you dont mind the hassle of driving 20 mns when there's no traffic or a good 30mns with traffic.

Venue is pretty new and very clean with dedicated staff. Free outdoor parking for hotel guests with a large underground parking in addition.

The gym and spa are definitely the best I have seen in any holiday inn venue worldwide, and truly deserve 5*, it can compare to some of the spa and wellness center I've seen in some very exclusive Crowne Plazza and some Intercontinental's.

What a pleasure to indulge yourself at the spa after an hectic day in the city or after coming back from a long drive in the country side, you have the choice between Steam bath, dray sauna, Jaccuzzi (inside and external) and the pool. Not to mention the brand new gym facility

Room are smaller than the other 5* hotels in Sofia, can be half the size of some centrally located 5*, but well equipped and very clean. Bathroom has both a tub and a shower, small sink but large mirror on the entire length of the wall. TV set is rather small by today's standard, but nice choice of international TV channels.

Rooms can either face the business park or the mountain side (quieter during day time)

Staff is dedicated, highly professional and fast to answer any regular demand.

But I dont understand why this hotel is the only 5* in Sofia where Internet is not for free?

Not only that its not for free, but as a Platinum member, I still had to pay for the use of internet during our stay (22 Lev for 24 hrs, or 10 Lev for 2 hrs, or 6 Lev for 30mns), and it was not even working in our room, nor in many of the public areas of the hotel, like the bar terrace and the southern terrace by the pool and hotel entrance (10 meters from the lobby!). We ended up surfing from the couch of the hotel bar because nor our room LAN access nor the WIFI on our floor will be working correctly. Having to pay a service that is not even available in yr room ?!?

As well, when it came to status recognition, I was a bit disappointed not to have a real upgrade, we were set in a regular room (well located, at the end of the corridor just across the executive rooms), but not in an executive room, being told that my room was a better room than the "regular" because it had a 2 people couch instead of a single sofa, is this for real ?

In other HI or Crowne Plaza I was at least always set in executive rooms (if not in suite), even at SAS, Kemèpinsky or Hilton I get upgraded just by asking, and without paying, (and without any equivalent status), but never I have been told that I am being upgraded by having a couch instead of a sofa ! (and still had to pay internet, that I couldnt even use in my room).

Though, there was a nice touch, we were given the "VIP set up" which include a nice box of chocolate and water bottles, gesture that we did appreciate. But please next time, try to give us full recognition of the status and make sure that internet is accessible in the rooms, specially if this is supposed to be a business hotel that charge for the service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Let us take the opportunity to thank you for being loyal to the IHG brand and choosing Holiday Inn Sofia for your accommodation needs. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, since it gives us the opportunity to uphold our standards and to ensure that we provide memorable experience to our guests.

It is with real pleasure that we have read your lovely comments related to the highest quaility of services and facilities that we provide. We put our guests in the heart of everything we do, and it is trully rewarding when they notice our efforts in keeping the hotel in top shape and being friendly and professional at all times. We are delighted that you have enjoyed our Esprit Leisure Club & Spa as it is indeed one of the best in town.

As you might be aware, our global loyalty program have improved and as of 1 July will have a new name - IHG® Rewards Club, offering members the opportunity to earn and enjoy great new benefits as they stay across IHG hotels. This would mean free internet access at the Holiday Inn Sofia for all Gold & Platinum Elite members as of July. We are also currently in the process of upgrading the internet system in order to ensure the great experience of our guests while surfing the world wide web.

Further to your comments related to the room upgrade, we would like to assure you that we are always upgrading our Elite guests upon availability, and providing them our best rooms - on upper floor, with mountains views and better facilities.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We value your custom and hope to see you back at the Holiday Inn Sofia in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

It is excellent hotel with great location, specially if you are in Sofia for business. Hotel staff is nive and friendly, rooms are large and convinient for both business and leisure. Unfortunately I didn't have time to experience all that hoel is offering de to time limitations. Breakfast is also great... Definitelly will recomend for business as it is placed in Sofia business park

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your lovely stay at the Holiday Inn Sofia.

We really appreciate your recognition of the efforts of our team and we are very pleased you found our large rooms and location so convenient

Hopefully, you will have the chance to also try our wonderful Esprit Leisure Club & Spa with 19m indoor pool, Jacuzzis, large gym and Spa Treatment Rooms during your next stays with us – it is one of the best clubs in the city and an experience one should not miss!

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs and hope to see you again in the near future.

Then Hotel Management
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Generally the hotel offer good value for the money
very clean and organize and the location is very nice,
I ate dinner in the hotel prices was not that high compare to hotel restaurant (30 euro per person including started main dish and 2 soft drinks)
the hotel doesn't offer free internet service in the room
I payed 22BGN (approx 11euro) for WiFi and found it to be very slow.
during the night the room began to be hot no mater even if the air condition was set to minimum,
my colleague stayed 2 room away from me had the same concern

Room Tip: cheack that air condition in the roon is cool
1 Thank Gil T
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Let us take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Sofia for your accommodation needs.

We appreciate your positive comments relating to the high level of cleanliness and maintenance throughout the hotel, as well as the delicious and fairly priced dishes in the stylish Brasserie Restaurant. Kindly note that in addition to our a la carte menu, we offer competitively priced daily specials and wonderful speciality buffet evenings which are very popular with our guests

Further to your comment about the guest room temperature, there is indeed an individual controller within each bedroom with which you can set the A/C to your preferred level. Should you have any special temperature requirements though, please do not hesitate to contact our hotel team who will be happy to fulfill them by setting the desired temperature from the main controlling board.

May we only mention that we have variety of packages to suit the different tastes and needs of our guests, also one inclusive of internet which you may consider choosing for your next stays with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

Grenoble, France
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very quiet rooms, good food and very courteous services. What's more to expect when you are on a business trip?
On a clear day realize you are at the bottom of Mount Vitosha and enjoy the gorgeous view.
Hourly shuttle service with the airport, just 20 min away if traffic conditions are good

Room Tip: rooms on the south side enjoy the view on Mount Vitosha, gorgeous when covered with snow
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We highly appreciate you taking the time to write about your lovely stay at the Holiday Inn Sofia.

Our main goal is to provide highest quality of services and accommodation, and it is truly pleasing to know that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations for a wonderful stay.

Once again, thank you for your positive review. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn before and this one was excellent. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, with prompt and courteous services, good quality food, and well equipped rooms. The hotel was conveniently located to the airport, the business park, and not too far from down town Sofia.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are comfortable and well equipped.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pagm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sofia, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Sofia.

We really appreciate your recognition of the perfect condition of our property, the exceptional standards provided by our team members and your appreciation of the delicious meals served in our Brasserie Restaurant. It is truly rewarding that we have met your expectations for an excellent stay and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future .