Best Western Lozenetz Hotel
$108
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$70
$90
$70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$114
$116
$112
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$48
  • Bar/Lounge
$194
$190
  • Pool
All reviewsmetro stationeuropean unionnice hotelcity centreshopping mallnational palace of culturespoke very good englishrecommend this hotelcleaning staffunderground parkinghotel is locatednice roomrooms are cleanmin walkinternet connectionbusiness stayby foot
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were looking for a central hotel in Sofia in which to spend a weekend. Hotel Lozenetz is a 5-minute walk from the metro station, several lovely restaurants serving both modern and traditional food, and a shopping mall (supermarket, shops, Costa cafe, etc.).

The room size is adequate and the beds, though hard (as some other reviewers mentioned), were unexpectedly extremely comfortable. The bathroom was modern and functional, though our shower door let some water leak out. Everything was spotless. We had to push our 2 twin beds together because they had run out of double beds. Don't worry, it made for a massive and very comfortable bed and you won't be bothered by this.

The staff were friendly and bilingual. Check in and check out were smooth. Breakfast was delicious and more varied than we expected, with some traditional Bulgarian food, some continental, and a fry-up which kept my man happy. :) When we finished eating, we took our coffee in the cozy garden. We haven't tried their restaurant due to lack of time but we surely will on our next visit.

Outstanding value for money. We have holidayed in many places, including UK and Dubai, and you would never get a hotel of this standard and location for this price. This is a much better standard at a lower price than all the other 3-star hotels we've stayed at around the world. We'll definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Don't be put off if they don't have a double bed available. The twin beds are so heavy set, they will not move apart once you've pushed them together. Our room was on the side of the building overlooking the restaurant garden and it wasn't at all noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
traveller294452, Manager at Best Western Lozenetz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your at BEST WESTERN Lozenetz Hotel! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Petar Kostov

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked the hotel through a widely used Internet booking service portal and we received order confirmation directly from the hotel in 20 minutes (!).

Check-in, payment by credit card, check out took 1-2 minutes, without any hassle. Receptionists spoke fluent English.

Rooms (we booked two rooms but only for one night) were clean, with convenient bathroom. Rooms were quite nice, much better, than in an average three-star hotel. Air conditioning was working, and it was not noisy.

The hotel offers an underground garage for 6 Euro/night. We used it, and I observed, that its door was locked for the night.

Location of the hotel is excellent: metro station is about 200 meters, and the very center of the city is 2 or 3 stations (depending on, which place is considered the very center). Still, the rooms were quiet.

Breakfast: not a large sortiment, but adequate, fresh and tasty.

Cons: the Internet connection (that was free) broke frequently. When it worked, it was good, but than suddenly broke in each 10-15 minutes.

I think, it is a well kept small hotel, in an excellent location (the neighbourhood was OK as well) for a good price.

Room Tip: Perhaps, rooms facing to the street may be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Lozenetz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Bela,

I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Lozenetz Hotel!
I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the excellent facilities, perfect property location and cleanness in our hotel. The main aim of our management is to respond to all guests requirements and for us your high rating means you enjoyed totally our amenities and services. I’m very pleased you liked the quality of our breakfast. Please, receive my apologies concerning to the problem with internet connection and thank you for bringing our attention to your experience.

We hope in future we will have the chance to welcome you in the hotel more often!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Lozenetz is tidy small hotel situated on a street with heavy traffic. Rooms are very well maintained and so are bathrooms. Janitor comes around 2 times a day. We had a problem only with internet which is really slow but according to opinion of our collegues from other hotels it is quite normal in Sofia. This hotel is definitely worth staying at.

Room Tip: Choose the ones which are not directed to the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Lozenetz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the good maintenance and cleanness in our hotel.Please, receive my apologies concerning to slow internet but during your stay with us the hotel was fully booked and you know when many people use internet at the same time there is almost always a problem with connection.
I surely hope you will recommend Lozenetz hotel and I will be very glad if you decide to be our guests again on your next visit to Sofia!

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early from our flight and were asked for our Passports until we could check in. On returning a few hours later, we asked to check in but the receptionist was too busy. We went back twice after that before being able to pay! However, they did seem to be having some sort of photoshoot (for brochure?).

We had dinner there and my partner had a chicken steak, which was very strange - the colour resembled chicken... but not the taste or texture! I had pizza and it was fine.

The room was clean and lovely, air conditioning was great and the Wi-Fi connection was fair on each floor. However, the bed we had in room 307 was VERY firm. Still comfortable though.

In terms of location, it's about 20 minutes walk to the city centre. We went to the Vasil Levsky stadium, which was about 10 minutes.

The staff were very friendly and the beer was nice!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to reveal your opinion with us. I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the excellent facilities, property location and cleanness in our hotel. Please, permit me to explain that usually we get very high ratings from our guests on the food quality in our restaurant and I’m really sorry for your disappointment. Concerning to happened inconvenience and slow procedure on your check in day you are absolutely right we had a photoshoot for our new web site all day long.That’s way let me take the opportunity to ask you to receive my apologies regard to your accommodation.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you again at Lozenetz Hotel!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast had a good selection and the staff was very helpful. We chose to walk to the downtown area which was not very far if you enjoy a little exercise. We were very satisfied with our stay here, especially for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Lozenetz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience with Lozenetz Hotel. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about room’s atmosphere, breakfast quality, helpful staff and cleanness in our hotel. I’m glad you consider the prices in our property are affordable.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you back as guests of Lozenetz Hotel!