“Very Good hotel!”

Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Kiriat Bialik
“Very Good hotel!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The hotel is very good, 15 mintues walk to the center, 5 mintues walk to a mall.
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
traveller294452, Manager at Best Western Lozenetz Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2016
Dear Happy Guest.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending BEST WESTERN Lozenetz Hotel hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Best Regards,

Petar Kostov
/General Manager/

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I was travelling on a group holiday and this was our last night in Bulgaria. The company organising the holiday chose this basic hotel for us- more profit for them, I guess, since we'd paid plenty for the holiday! I had a twin room, a decent size. The room had a smoky/alcohol smell. Blue carpet, bed covers and curtains. The curtains were a thin material and not wide enough to keep the light out. The mattress had a waffle type pattern on it and did not feel comfortable, fortunately I was very tired and slept well despite it. I was woken up by voices from next room about 6am. The room did seem fairly clean. The shower stall was small, although there was plenty room in bathroom to accommodate a large adult sized one. The taps were roughly attached to wall in shower. The door did not shut properly. There was no hook in bathroom for toilet bag etc.
Breakfast was ok but not very exciting. There was a dead rose on every table - nice touch.
There was a small bar with 4 chairs. The barman took his time to provide one of my drinks, busy doing something else which was more important than a customer. The receptionist was pleasant.
This is not the sort of hotel I would normally stay in, I had no choice on this occasion. I don't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Bonniebraes
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Been in Sofia with a friend for a music festival, we decided to book this hotel due to its proximity with the venue (Levski stadium). The hotel is situated near the City Centre mall (2 min walk) and its location is 15 min walk away from the centre of Sofia(monuments etc). It has a closed garage which is good but only fits 4 to 5 cars.

About the rooms now, our room had a strange smell and when we decided to open the window we saw the disgusting stains on it as well as the awful view of the near by apartments. All in all the room was clean though and we slept good for the 2 nights of our stay. The breakfast was ok and the behavior of the personnel just acceptable, since they weren't very friendly.

Overall, I would think twice about booking this hotel again if I ever visited Sofia again (doubtfull). But for the purpose it served and for its value for money it was ok

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmoisidis
London
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I would recommend this hotel for a clean basic standard room, which I needed for an overnight stop on my way to a skiing trip the next day.

True my room was stuffy and hot when I went in but then again it was freezing and covered with snow outside and all I had to do was to turn it down. I openend the windows for 5 mins and stuffiness gone.

The bathroom was very clean and the hot water was hot - not just warm.

The bed was comfortable enough and the TV, although not super flat screen etc, had loads of channels in lots of languages.

The receptionist was very helpful and reliable, sorting out onward taxi etc and there was a good internet connection in the lobby.

Breakfast was passable and as I only paid £35 for a twin room, I reckoned this to be as expected.

Two additional comments; the key ring contains the key to the room and also a card which you need to insert into a slot inside the room itself to make the lights work. If you want to lock your room from the inside when it is nightime, you have to fiddle around in the dark or take the key off the ring whilst leaving the card in the slot.

Taxis - NEVER trust the drivers as they will always try and rip you off. In my experience, it doesn't matter if you get them from the outside or inside the airport via a kiosk, ALWAYS get them to switch the meter on when you get in or agree the price before you start. I ended up paying £12 when it should have been around £4, and I shared with another lady who I think also payed £12, means the taxi driver walked away with £24 in total.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank James H
Sweden
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My stay hotel Lozenetz was not very pleasant at all, and here is my story:

To start with, I arrived at the hotel late at night, and while checking in, I reminded the receptionist that I had booked a smoke free room. Confirming that I would be staying in a smoke free room, the receptionist gave me the key. When I arrived in my room, the first thing I saw was an ash tray.

My first night in the hotel, I did not get much sleep. The air condition was not working, and the room was hot like a sauna. Also, the mattress was so worn out that I could feel the springs stick up in my back, and it was impossible for me to get comfortable. Woke up the next morning, looking forward to have breakfast. Arrived in the lobby and asked for the restaurant, and was told that the breakfast didn't start until eight o' clock. I then asked if they had coffee, which they did, but later I realized that they charged me €2 for this.

In the evening, after my business meeting, I was too tired to hit the town looking for something to eat. So I decided to order room service from the menu. However, 8,30 was apparently too late to order food, and they only served drinks. I wonder if they only served food during hours when people are out of the hotel?

Other remarks consist of dirty carpet in the room, very unstable Internet access, very bad set up of the room key (card for the lighting slot stuck to actual key, so I had to lock the door fumbling in the dark) and wall paper peeling off the walls (it had been pasted right on to stone wall, so of course it wouldn't stick). But above all, very bad bed, and very bad breakfast times.

On the bright side, at least the location was good, but I will definitely never set foot in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Zojx
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We went to Sofia to attend a friend's wedding at the Hilton. Hotel Lozenetz was a short walk from the Hilton and was also only a 20 minute walk from the main tourist sites in the city. I was happy with the air conditioning and overall cleanliness of the hotel. The only drawbacks were the uncomfortable beds and pillows and the difficulty I had connecting to the hotel's wi-fi. Fortunately there was a computer in the hotel lobby for guests to use.
In terms of traveling on a budget, this hotel is a great choice and has all the basics one needs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your at BEST WESTERN Lozenetz Hotel! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Petar Kostov
/General Manager/
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Hi,
Very much a happy surprise. The staff was great i.e. loaned me a guide book on check-in gave me a quick overview of f Sofia (taxis tipping etc).

The location is okay, just off the beaten path but a very cheap taxi ride from most anything, and the big shopping mall.

Breakfast was good with eggs, meats and cheeses etc. All the usual stuff. Nothing too fancy but all good, and always fresh. Again, attentive staff keeps the buffet fresh.

Rooms are large yet plain with a comfortable bed and good bath. Note rooms facing the front can get a lot of street noise. Free Internet, and a very inexpensive bar and mini-bar keeps the bills low at check-out..

In the end, it's the truly nice staff that made our stay so nice

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple