“Good hotel near airport”

Best Western Expo Hotel
Ranked #42 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Antwerp, Belgium
“Good hotel near airport”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stay in the B.W. Expo often at the end of my business trip to Sofia because it is very conveniently at a 10 minutes ride from the airport...

There is a metro almost in front taking you to the centre of Sofia in 10-15 minutes... very convenient...

The hotel is doing it's best to be top level...
Lat time I arrived at 23:00 hours, restaurant and room service where normally closed but the waiters did not mind bringing me 2 huge plates of hamburger with fries after 23:00 hours...
This is the extra I love from the B.W. hotels (unfortunately not all).
I enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant also the previous time... price is high for Sofia norms but the quality is very good...
Only positive things about the staff last time... Despite my short stays I have always had the best experience...
Rooms are big and convenient for working with a huge desk with plenty of space...

The most important thing: The management does care and follows up on complaints: Last time I wrote on the BW site the rooms are to dark to work when you come in for a business trip this is important...and immediately got a reply they will work on that and it would be fixed very quickly...

When the management takes such things personally you can only recommend this hotel to others guest, can't you? :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I must state at that point in my life (age 43) that I owe some of my best experiences in travelling around the world to TripAdvisor application and for the community that contributes to that idea. I use TripAdvisor for 10 years already and never was disappointed. I will add this opening to my next 10 reviews.
I stayed one night in this hotel after two weeks traveling and before my flight home which was scheduled for the coming morning. I found this hotel very similar to U.S Best western I experienced before. Very large, clean and comfortable.
I had to ask for fixing the shower head which was totally broken. The guy swapped it with the shower head of the closest room.
It takes only five minutes to the center of Sofia and cost around 10 Leva (5 euro) so it good choice if you don't want to pay for staying in central hotels.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is located near the airport and there is a metro station a short walk away that will take you in to the city centre. The complimentary breakfast is very good with hot cooked items like eggs and sausages as it is located in the hotel's restaurant. The staff throughout the hotel speak very good English and are extremely polite. Overall I had a good stay and for the price the hotel delivers decent value. There are some downsides however. The walls seem to be very thin and you can hear a lot of noise from the adjacent rooms. If you're a light sleeper this could be a problem. The pillows aren't very good and seem cheap compared to a W or a Marriott. The only 2 elevators are also extremely small when you consider the size of the hotel which can fit maybe 2 people with luggage at best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris R
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I don't expect much from a Best Western hotel. Perhaps I'm pessimistic or the hotel in Sofia was above average but I liked it. The fact that they have a concierge surprised me. I have no idea what he does except running outside to open the gate to the parking lot since I did not need such services but it is a good sign. My expectations on a hotel restaurant are not very high either but I was pleasantly surprised by the food (turkey with rice). The room was nice, it had all the amentities I needed and I could not find anything negative except the shower head which is losing its metal finish (electroplated plastic).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Domzale, Slovenia
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayad here for 2 nights. BW EXPO hotel was a nice surprice. Nice, clean and very comfortable hotel. LocationTsarigradsko Shose but some 8 kilometers from city centr. Blv. Metro station is 100 m from hotel. Good parking in front of a hotel too. Interesting modern arhitecture. Elevator with big windows to the street.
The hotel is not so big, so you really have influence the personal takes care of you. Some would say the hotel is quite away from city centre, but there is a cheap taxi and a very clean Metro.
I would recommend for business stay, but not for family.
The breakfast is good with a nice athmosfere. Rooms are clean and spacious.
The bed was comfy and the well appointed bathroom very clean with an excellent selection of toiletries.
I had some problems, while my credit card was debted in advance and than the POS terminal did not work, so there was some confusion at checking out.
If you have an early morning flight, this is the best hotel, while you can see the airport from some rooms.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Me and my parents stayed there last winter due to a delay in our flight. EasyJet provided the accommodation there and we didn't pay a penny, HOWEVER it is a very expensive hotel for the typical Bulgarian man/womans's pocket and so I wouldn't go there again due to the high prices. The breakfast in the morning was great and rich, the rooms were clean and the service very polite. Due to the situation it took a while to get the keys for the room. Once we got to the rooms I was nicely impressed as they were modern, light, with big windows.The atmosphere is very "business orientated hotel" and the location is very out of the city of Sofia, but there is a metro station which makes travelling easier. I would recommend for business stay, but not for family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights. The hotel looks clean very organized and the staff is pretty friendly !

The elevator is way too slow. The rooms are good clean and with a nice vew. The bad thing is that the walls are too thin so a lot noise can hear out or to the next room like the couple that was staying there next to us!

i really like the carpets that they have inside the rooms make it more warm!

The prices at the minibar at least for what is hell of expensive... 1.5 Euro for a 0.5L water? Really?

We didnt use spa or fitness at all so we dont have an opinion about that.

Overall i could stay again there as it was ok for me !

Regards.

Room Tip: Dont stay at front rooms go for the back ones.