“Best restaurant in Sofia for me!!!! ”
Review of The Company

The Company
Ranked #117 of 1,139 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Been there few times and I have to say..service is always good,food is great,decor is amazing!Recommend to everybody!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice food, I had a perfect steak. Nice and informal place, centrally located. Very helpful and professional waitors. Price level ok, but big and well prepared steaks were kind of expensive but not out of range, and normal level for this kind of food in europe, I think.

1  Thank KarinOslo_Norway
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good location with easy access. Décor is a bit eclectic but tasteful. I suggest you make reservations as seating type varies. You can either sit at a regular table or share one of those long tables with other patrons. Either way, arrangement is proper and you will feel comfortable.
Menu is a little dispersing for my taste but is carefully selected and assembled. They pride on offering imported meat beef cuts at an astronomical price from Ireland and the US. If you want to take the chance, be my guest, but for almost 30 euros I will not take the chance on a medium size cut.

We tried, as an appetizer, the fried Enmental cheese. Well done although a bit small to share. Comes with a delicate marmalade and is very tasty. As main dishes, I had the famous chicken curry with rice and my spouse the salmon. I love curry but this one did not really impress me. There was something missing, perhaps not spicy enough, so I will just go with the OK label. Presentation is a little rough and homey and looks like my mom would have done it but, again, it was ok. The salmon was simply perfect. Fresh, 100%, tasty and cooked to perfection. Although the garnish is made of an unknown type of mashed potato with something else that tastes like pesto. Nevertheless, well done again. Although too large portion and I don’t like it when the garnish size is bigger than the main product. But please, leave room for the dessert. You MUST try the Chocolate Lindt Cake with pistachio ice cream. Absolutely out of this world. Fantastic.

However, and here is where I will go strong on them, for a restaurant that includes “Wine Bar” as a last name, there are a few things that must be implemented immediately. First of all, you MUST have enough inventory of everything you place on your menu. If you start offering substitutions, at blind price, because you are out of some of your offers, that is not good. Secondly, you should evaluate market prices and commit to a reasonable price scale on your menu. The cheapest wine, a humble Bulgarian white wine, was priced at 30 levas. Too much. Cheaper options must be available. Half bottles were not available so we went with a Bulgarian Chardonnay. I recall asking, twice, if the wine was chilled and properly refrigerated. The answer was a “of course”…well… It was not. And, my mistake, although bottle was opened in front of me, I forgot to check. It was lukewarm at best. I complained to the waitress and she reacted quickly bringing an ice bucket…with five ice cubes. Again, I complained and more ice was stormed in the bucket. But it was too late. It took the wine a good 30 minutes and two buckets of extra ice to reach an acceptable temperature. By the time it was “drinkable” we were almost done with the main dish. Again, if you are arrogant enough to label yourself as a “wine bar” you definitely need to know your stuff about wines.

In any case, service was impeccable (almost), extremely friendly, professional (almost again) and overall I had a great evening.

If you ask me if is expensive…I would go with a YES it is..considering the above. Would I come back? Now that I know the ropes, probably…in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The restaurant is set in a converted house in the centre of Sofia. The chef is Irish and the menu is a mixture of European dishes with some Thai curries. They import their steaks from the US (or so the menu says), so should be good though we didn't try them. The menu is quite pricy for Sofia but average for any European traveller. The place was quiet on a Sunday night. The service was very good. Overall, I would recommend it.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

After checking out some reviews about "The Company" I decided to come here for a friend's birthday and I think I could not have made a better choice for the occasion. The reservation was for 7pm and I wasked in, was happily greeted and since the place was empty although I had made a reservation I was given the choice to sit anywhere I liked. The food was delicious, the wine and very nice music. After an hour and a half the place got packed, I suppose thats why its advisable to make reservations. Overall I recommend this place for the great atmosphere, food, people, and music. P.s If you are planning a quiet romatic dinner go early around 6:30pm :)