“Great service - good breakfast”
Review of Hostel Mostel

Hostel Mostel
Ranked #1 of 125 Specialty Lodging in Sofia
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great service - good breakfast”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here with a small group. The service is excellent - we were quickly checked in and shown to our room. The reception staff were able to offer good advice on what to see and do in Sofia.

The hostel room was ok - located across the road from the main hostel. Bathroom facilities were ok.

The continental breakfast on offer was very good. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the centre of Sofia.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling for 8 weeks now, this is by far the best hostel! Amazing breakfast and a free supper with beer. Activities each day. Friendly staff and very helpful. The bedrooms are simple and clean. The showers are hot. Towels are provided! I can't say enough about how great my stay here was. Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014
서울, 대한민국
Reviewed April 11, 2014

One of the most famous hostels in the world! I didn’t know that Sofia is a nice city before visiting to this hostel. The hostel serves gourmet breakfast and dinner too! The price for one day is just 10 euro so you don’t have to spend extra money for having a meal. The staffs in the hostel were very kind and nice. Also, they have a large spacious lobby so that you can take a rest in a lobby for a while without considering others. If I have a chance to go Sofia, I will definitely choose this hostel!

Room Tip: The cheapest dormitory(8 beds without bathroom) was good if you just take a sleep in a room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Staff are the most friendly I've ever dealt with in a hostel. Room wasn't even a room, it was a whole apartment with common area, superfast WiFi, not even five minutes from Vitosha Boulevard (the main thoroughfare). Stupidly cheap - they could charge three times as much and it'd still be reasonable. Common area is also great, free (or cheap) breakfast wasn't amazing but given everything else is, I can let that slide. I've heard from friends that the dorms aren't as great, so if you do go, try to book a two- or three-person room, because it's in a freakin' apartment. (Also, the front garage door leading to the common area looks really dodgy but don't worry about that, just keep walking.)

Room Tip: Book a room rather than a bed if you can - three-person rooms are fantastic here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Wonderful hostel! Great free breakfast (eggs! veggies and fruit! not just bread!) and dinner, free pub crawl every night, helpful staff, and one of the best common areas I've seen, complete with pool table, computers, and a really well-stocked book exchange. They also have free luggage storage -- a HUGE plus for backpackers taking night trains/buses.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Fremont, California
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place is Awesome! I stayed here in October of 2013 and my only regret was not making this my first choice. 1st, its cheap! 2nd, you get free pasta and beer for dinner and a free breakfast buffet and they have everything. There was people of all ages and backgrounds there and it was amazing. I joined in jam sessions in the main room everynight I was there, which was fun, and after a certain time its quiet time so we would take the party to any one of the many local bars. They are also in a perfect location and right down the street is a wonderful tea shop where you can waste hours sipping tea and eating cake. I did! I met some incredible people, that I still keep in contact with and the staff is very helpful with anything you need. They have lots of things to do in the area for all ages just ask the front desk for tours and trips. But the reason why I think hostel mostel is the best and why i will go back when visiting Bulgaria is...While I was there I lost my book of poetry and even though I was heart broken, i chalked it up to a 'my bad'. A few months later, one of the staff found my book. She must of saw my name and looked through the registry or something because she emailed me and shipped it out within a few days. I can not say how much I enjoyed this hostel and Sofya. Blagodarya!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the things they have to offer. its not just a hostel, its a great experience
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed this hostel. The common area is great with free pool and lots of other people to chat to. It has a very relaxed and cosy atmosphere.
The only recommendation I have is to stay in the dorms! We were in a private room which was about a ten minute walk away from the main hostel in an apartment. I wasn't expecting this (probably should have done my research) and would have preferred to have stayed in the hostel in the hustle and bustle.
Other than that I had a great time at hostel Mostel but would definitely bring my own towel next time! (the ones provided are veeeery small)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple