“Well yes.... but...”
Review of Sveta Sofia

Sveta Sofia
Ranked #74 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I m sorry to put only 3 stars.... I wish I could put more... since the staff was very polite and helpful and the location is good... but for the rest.... well... average breakfast.... not really clean room... very basic everything.... it's not that I would not recomend it but do not expect anything more than an average hotel just for spending your sleeping time in there....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is located in a shopping street with, shops. cafes, ATMs, etc almost at the doorstep. All "famous" buildings are virtually within walking distance (up to 30 minutes).
My (standard) room was bleak and very reminiscent of the old communist days ... but the bathroom was brand-new, big and perfectly laid out.
The telephone in the room didn't work during my whole stay. (This was a serious problem, as I needed a wake-up call to catch my return flight. It was "solved" by someone banging at my door at 3:30 in the morning...)
The TV didn't work either. I reported it to the receptionist on the first evening, and again on each of the following days....nothing happened. (Each time I was promised that "someone" would fix it "tomorrow".)
Breakfast was good and plenty. (Though the breakfast room - in the cellar - is a bit dreary ...)
The lifts are unbelievably slow and small. So most guests just walk.
The meeting rooms are modern with well-functioning equipment. The one which we used was next to the breakfast room, i.e. underground, with no daylight and (as it appeared) no air conditioning or any supply of fresh air.
Some other guests complained about "all night noise". But my room overlooking a side lane was very quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side street are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rainbow51
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I want to share my review with everyone just to let you know how much we were happy in Sveta Sofia Hotel! It was a great stay with all the group, for many reasons:
- Rooms so clean, A/C and very high speed internet in all rooms, we got 5 rooms in everywhere
- Staff are very friendly as well
- Good place for the hotel, in the market but no crowd because it opens at 10:00 am and closes at 7:00
- Very good organized tours with private bus and great Guide
Simply, it was a great stay and we all with we could stay more. 10 persons in the group and we are all passing our deeply thanks and Keep Forward!

Room Tip: All rooms are great in all conditions!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Stratieva, Manager at Sveta Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Ms Petra. I remember your group very well.
Thank you for your nice words and for being our guests.
We all do believe you come back in our hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was disappointed with this hotel. Firstly, the air conditioning we were expecting was just a box under the window which blew out air upwards. It was a fanand did not cool the air AT ALL. This was not because it was broken, but because it was only a fan box. It was not air con. This meant that we spent three nights sweating. Uncomfortable. I was also cross that the hotel description was misleading. Also misleading are the photographs of the hotel - particularly those of the outside of the hotel. It looks nothing like this and, at first, I did not recognise the hotel on my approach (is is surrounded by trees in reality, when there are none in the photographs - how old are these photographs?!) We also had a queenside bed which the hotel only had double bed sized sheets for! The breakfast was reasonable - I am not fussy so long as coffee and cereal are available and this hotel provided both.the hotel was rather depressing, everything was brown or beige. The room was rather depressing, but clean.

Room Tip: Be aware that there are rooms in this hotel with fan units and not proper air conditioning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,
first at all thank you for your review, even we didn't meet your expectations. We will do the best and we are you sure you will be satisfied with your next visit. All photos which are in our photo bar are from few years ago and the situation in Pirotska street where the is located is unchanged!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am writing my review on the second of five days here and i am already regretting the choice. the internet does not reach my room and although the room is clean and tidy the airconditioning is far from adequate! I find myself sitting in the loby to avoid the extremely hot room and get imternet access! In addition to that the food is far from the standards of a four star hotel, infact everything is not four star quality. the only thing this hotel has on its side is the location.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Sir,
I do appologize for the inconvinience during your stay. Usually we do not have problems with our airconditioning system which is central and the wi-fi network.
I am appealing once again to all our future guest to contact our managment team if something is not like must be.
Sincerely

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We recently spent several nights in this hotel while touring in Bulgaria. The rooms are very comfortable and in comparison to other hotels we visited in Stara Zagora, BG and Thessaloniki, GR, the rooms were very large.

We stayed on the first floor during our time there and found our room to be spotless as was the remainder of the Hotel. The first week we stayed there, the breakfast service was great (should really try to get to the dining room as close to 7am as possible). The young man attending the buffet was very attentive and made great Cappacino The second week the young lady attending the dining room acted as though she wanted to be anywhere doing anything but taking care of the buffet. When we asked for a cappacino she said no and walked away. But that's where the great location came in to play! There is a wonderful sidewalk cafe that is less than a minute walk up the street that has fantastic cappacino, expresso and pastries that ate unbelievably good. The remainder of the stay we would just pop in to the dining room and if the rude girl was on duty, we'd just go down the street. Great hotel and we plan to stay there on our trip to Bulgaria next year.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Rakey57

Dear Sirs,
thank you for your review. With your next visit we promise you much better capucchino.
Best regards and thank you for being our guests

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I was in this hotel in the middle of May, 2012 and i think the hotel is more than what i have expected for the paid sum. The hotel staff was very helpful and although all different reviews for this hotel, i am very satisfied. Rooms are simply but very clean, wi-fi internet is working perfect and is free of charge. I was very nice surprised when i got a bottle of wine, because of my birthday. Thanks god the hotel is non smoking area. I think the breakfast is ok because in the table were 3 types of hot eggs, cheese, pancakes, fruits and etc. I think the hotel was my best choice and i am highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your nice words.
Thank you for being our guest.
Sincerely