“Do not visit during summer!”
Review of Sveta Sofia

Sveta Sofia
Ranked #74 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am writing my review on the second of five days here and i am already regretting the choice. the internet does not reach my room and although the room is clean and tidy the airconditioning is far from adequate! I find myself sitting in the loby to avoid the extremely hot room and get imternet access! In addition to that the food is far from the standards of a four star hotel, infact everything is not four star quality. the only thing this hotel has on its side is the location.

• Stayed: June 2012
Stratieva, Manager at Sveta Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Sir,
I do appologize for the inconvinience during your stay. Usually we do not have problems with our airconditioning system which is central and the wi-fi network.
I am appealing once again to all our future guest to contact our managment team if something is not like must be.
Sincerely

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We recently spent several nights in this hotel while touring in Bulgaria. The rooms are very comfortable and in comparison to other hotels we visited in Stara Zagora, BG and Thessaloniki, GR, the rooms were very large.

We stayed on the first floor during our time there and found our room to be spotless as was the remainder of the Hotel. The first week we stayed there, the breakfast service was great (should really try to get to the dining room as close to 7am as possible). The young man attending the buffet was very attentive and made great Cappacino The second week the young lady attending the dining room acted as though she wanted to be anywhere doing anything but taking care of the buffet. When we asked for a cappacino she said no and walked away. But that's where the great location came in to play! There is a wonderful sidewalk cafe that is less than a minute walk up the street that has fantastic cappacino, expresso and pastries that ate unbelievably good. The remainder of the stay we would just pop in to the dining room and if the rude girl was on duty, we'd just go down the street. Great hotel and we plan to stay there on our trip to Bulgaria next year.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Rakey57

Dear Sirs,
thank you for your review. With your next visit we promise you much better capucchino.
Best regards and thank you for being our guests

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I was in this hotel in the middle of May, 2012 and i think the hotel is more than what i have expected for the paid sum. The hotel staff was very helpful and although all different reviews for this hotel, i am very satisfied. Rooms are simply but very clean, wi-fi internet is working perfect and is free of charge. I was very nice surprised when i got a bottle of wine, because of my birthday. Thanks god the hotel is non smoking area. I think the breakfast is ok because in the table were 3 types of hot eggs, cheese, pancakes, fruits and etc. I think the hotel was my best choice and i am highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your nice words.
Thank you for being our guest.
Sincerely

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Single room I was first allocated was small and depressing despite the fact that there was hardly anyone staying at the hotel at the time.
Took the mainly male dominated reception area staff 2 days to move me to a much better brighter and larger room.
Breakfast room basic with basic below average food.
Plainly they have awarded the fourth star themselves, no way should this be a 4 star hotel. it is more like 2 Star. I feel there are much better options in Sofia.

Room Tip: Avoid holiday times like Easter, especially, when I feel the key members of staff are away visiting...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am a tour guide from Portugal and I use this hotel in Sofia for my groups. During my last stay in 23 of February, one of my company travelers got his passport stolen. We asked the hotel staff to help us to go to a police station and the staff couldn´t more helpful. I highly recomend this hotel for the compreension of the staff and for the great breakfast. I must also say that, Mrs. Boriana, hotel manager, couldn´t more available for our requests. In Sofia this definetly the best choice and your money will not be wasted if you use this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank irozeira
Stratieva, Manager at Sveta Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Sir,
thank you for your nice words. For us is always pleasure being helpful and try to do the best for each guest.
Thank you for booking Sveta Sofia hotel and thank you for your stay.
We hope we'll see you again!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Good location, big rooms, but very poor conditions, awfull food (e.g. expired milk)... for sure not a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mihaelagf
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The rooms were small, no-frills, and reasonably clean.

The air conditioning either didn't work or wasn't very powerful, so if you are sensitive to heat be careful staying here during the hot summer.

The location was good, right on a pedestrian shopping street in the old Jewish quarter of the city.

Hotel staff were helpful and kind. They charge an additional fee if you want to pay by credit card.

The free breakfast was somewhat disgusting--foods looked like they had been sitting out for a while, and the selection wasn't great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends