“Exceptional food tour! Highly recommended.”

Balkan Bites Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Balkan Bites is an attempt at providing travelers to Sofia with the first free daily food tour in Europe and maybe the world. The idea is to take a tour of some of the more interesting and trendy family owned restaurants that Sofia has to offer and enjoy some traditional Bulgarian cuisine, while hearing about some of the history and customs that helped make them became staple foods in Bulgaria, by our trained guides.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been to Sofia many times and know about the Bulgarian Cuisine and yet I still learned something new! Bojana, our guide, was highly enthusiastic and dedicated. You could tell, she really is passionate about this tour. Not only did we visit restaurants and leaned about the Bulgarian cuisine while tasting the delicious food, but also learned about the sites along the way. A really enjoyable afternoon with great people and great food!

There are newer reviews for Balkan Bites Food Tours

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Had an awesome time doing this tour. Even made it onto local television who were doing a piece. It is so amazing that it is free! Loved it and the food. Helped me pick some great local dishes during the rest of my time in Bulgaria.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This tour is great; we went to three restaurants, enjoyed local food (and local alcohol) and discovered very nice places to come back to.
The food was great, but that's not all! Our guide had a story to tell about every dish we had; the differences with the neighbouring countries, what "real cheese" was, etc.
This is an unusual way to get a look at the city, and one I definitely recommend :)

Kristian_Mitov, Owner at Balkan Bites Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your review, it mean a lot for our starting project. I am really happy that you liked it and I hope to see you again in Sofia some day.

Cheers

Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a fantastic way to get to know Sofia and it's food culture. The tour had everything, a bit of history, a dash of humour, and a lot of delicious food. The guides were great and we got to see parts of Sofia we probably wouldn't have ventured to on our own. If you are heading to Sofia, this is tour not to be missed.

Kristian_Mitov, Owner at Balkan Bites Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hi Birney,

It is great that you decided to join us on the food tour. I really appreciate your review and am glad that you liked it. Hope to see you again in Sofia.

Have fun

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I love the idea of this tour and couldn't wait to sample the delights of Bulgaria. Kris was such a great guide, really informative and helpful with other information about Bulgaria. The group was reasonably small so it was ideal to get to know other people especially as I was travelling alone. Each restaurant we went to offered great food and were generous with the portions (as well as a free shot of the local alcohol for free in one!) As I was only in Sofia for two days, this tour gave me a great insight into trying Bulgarian food as well as walking around the city with new friends. I think every city should do it!

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for your review and thank you for giving the time and coming to the food tour. It was a please ti have as one of our first guests :)
Hope you are doing fine and enjoy your trip across Europe

Cheers