Forum Hotel
  • Room Service
Hotel Niky(Sofia)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstram numbertram routebig supermarketpublic transportnight breaknice place to staynice interiorluxury roomsingle bedroom was cleangreat bathroomthe hotel offersstaff was very friendly and helpfulshower cabinparking placefree upgradecity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed there for one night in July 2012.

The hotel is situated not far from the city centre in an ok area.

The exterior of the hotel was just as I remembered it from many years ago and I was worried that it might have not been renovated inside, either.

The rooms are small and basic, but sufficiently comfortable. The bathroom is on the small side, too, but decent and with a good shower cabin.

I also appreciated the fact that there were coffee making facilities in the room.

The breakfast was quite good - better than I expected.

What I didn't like was that as a wedding party at the hotel ended at 3.30 am, the party goers made serious noise in front of the hotel for quite a while.

Overall, good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sstoyanov
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am writing this from the room, which is medium size/a bit on the small side but nevertheless comfortable.

The hotel has lots of positives - a Great bathroom (shiny and clean), wonderfully friendly (and helpful) staff and an overall good vibe. It's nothing special though, just a regular hotel that I would rate as about 3 star standard. It has god fast Internet which is a serious plus, but to be expected in Bulgaria.

We have not experienced any issues with air conditioner, animal infestation, dirt etc. We have been here 5 nights and would recommend it, but don't expect anything amazing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank laura067
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is a very reasonable hotel around 80 Euros a night. The rooms are very clean and even though I had to change my room as the aircon was only blowing warm air when the temp was humid and in the 30's the standard was good.
The hotel has 4 stars I would rate it as a 3 star Hotel.
The area the hotel is situated needs a little tidying up and for my liking just a tad too far from the centre of Sofia around 4 or 5 stops on the tram, the tram is only 100m from the hotel
The staff were very helpful and would bend over backwards to help you sort out any situation.
The area is quiet and there are a few bars on the main street.
A nice hotel to stay for a night but next time I would prefer an international chain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lee M
Reviewed June 18, 2012

From the outside not much to look at, looks like a shabby communist era concrete block not much different than the run down tower blocks that surround it, is located in a less than salubrious residental area. Reception was not too bad apart from the grubby mat. At first room looked ok, clean bathroom and fairly spacious but air con did not work and it was very hot so at night very hard to sleep. Bed also extremely soft. Was also an infestation of ants on the floor. Carpet was also a bit stained.

TV had a slightly odd selection of Bulgarian language only channels with not so much as a western news channel.

When I tried to complain to reception about the air con they looked at me as if I had p**ssed in their cornflakes.

Breakfast basic but ok. Location a bit out from the centre.

Not quite a roach motel but has some ants instead.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had a few days in this hotel. We found the staff friendly and helpful and the food was very good...I particularly liked the Forum Salad and the breakfasts. Although the hotel is not in the centre, we found that we could get around very easily.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple