Downtown Hotel
  • Room Service
Hilton Sofia(Sofia)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hotelshort stayfour star hotelclose to the city centerstayed for nightsmini barper nightmin walkexcellent locationlobbybulevardwallpaperbulgariacomforthilton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Sophia in Bulgaria where I stayed at the Downtown hotel.

The room was a fair proportion and was clean, the staff friendly and professional, Alas I think I fell unlucky as for two of my 4 nights I was awoken at around 1,30 am by my neighbours extremely loud TV.
The second evening appeared to be party night on my floor with constant shouting, banging of doors, knocking on doors, screaming and general joviality, which normally is acceptable, but at 3-30 to 4.30 am is nothing more than intolerable.

One of the major problems with this hotel are the extremely load closing doors,and even when they are closed with consideration they are still load enough to wake up the entire floor !

My remaining two evenings were greatly improved, by the lack of party goers and door bangers !!

The collection service from the airport to the hotel was efficient and I would recommend it and cost approx 10 Euro`s,

The hotel location was good with a 10 min gentle walk into the main town/ shopping and park area`s.

The airline lost my luggage, however the reception looked after the necessary and received it for and on my behalf just before midnight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a room on the top floor overlooking the city. Nice view but you have to stand on the chair to see out the window. The room was outdated by North American standards but absolutely functional and fully serviced - except there was no alarm clock. Internet was included and easily available without any extra hoops to go through. Breakfast buffet was bacon/eggs/cereal/yogurt etc so definitely filling. The staff were all friendly. The shuttle to the airport was 10 euros. The downtown is very close by and you can walk around and visit bakeries, restaurants, clothes shopping very easily. I'd stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: You can't see out the windows on the top floor but the view is nice if you stand on a chair
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Annie6472
Reviewed April 15, 2013

As the name says, this hotel is located downtown Sofia. It id only two blocks away from the culture centre, and close to the walking district. Nice large rooms, good breakfast, and good service. There is also a Starbucks really close, as well as many restaurants.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very comfortable rooms, combined with high standard services offered in affordable prices. Even though not in a walking distance from the main Sofia attractions, I would surely recommend it. Ask for a room on the last floor, with nice view on the city.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the last floor, there is a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Levon0
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Sofia is a very walkable city - so the location of Downtown Hotel is just right. You can walk all over the city and there's even a Starbucks close by for those who like that kind of thing.

My room was big and clean. The bed was harder than what I'm used to. Also the room was too hot but I turned the heating off. That helped with the actual room but unfortunately the bathroom or corridor didn't cool down at all.

There was no noise from outside (traffic or otherwise) but I did hear coughing from the room next to mine. I managed to sleep okay nevertheless.

The gym was enough for me, I only had time to use it once. It had to be opened up for me in the morning. It is located on floor -1, information which I could not find anywhere.

Breakfast wasn't fabulous but it was enough - very nice tea, loved the vegetables, cheese and fruit. I did not like the fact that the same pieces of cake were served everyday!!

The staff was very friendly and nice, it's always a nice to be greeted with a smile.

For the price, I think the hotel was value for money. When I return to Sofia, I will gladly stay at the Downtown again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business