“Quel surprise!”
Review of L'Instant - CLOSED

L'Instant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Elegant and cosy french restaurant
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A friend of a friend recommended this evening, all I could have wished for. Reasonably priced good French wine, both the Sancerre and the Margaux were super. Our hostess was one of the most attentive I have ever had, without being intrusive, a rare skill anywhere! The food was super, the soup served at the table from a gorgeous copper pan, over croutons and butter, it was perfect. Three of us ordered the Black Angus steak, and each was cooked differently, just as we had asked. The quiet decor had put me off, and I doubt I would have walked in off the street, but the simplicity may well accentuate the beauty of the service and the food. Quel surprise in Sofia, I was happy to part with every stotinki

1  Thank Breakingwaves2001
There are newer reviews for L'Instant

Reviewed August 31, 2013

After my initial report on 18 July 2013, a follow up is required. L'instant proved that it is settling down after opening 4 months ago and the food has become more adventurous. The wine list is much better and the service is still as wonderfully charming. This restaurant may supercede l'Etranger ,it's French competitor in Sofia soon. Highly recommended. Bravo Antoine and Karine!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Authentic and charming french restaurant in the heart of Sofia. The food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. Strongly recommended and all the best to the young chef and manager of the restaurant.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was surprised to realise there is a new true French restaurant in Sofia. I can prefer Mahi-mahi and crepes suzette which exceeded my expectations. The interior is simple yet cozy and elegant. You can notice many small details that contribute to the whole thing. Karine and Antoine are two young people that are the spine of the restaurant. Karine is the manager and Antoine is The chef. The cuisine is before everything here so you can enjoy the fine food and have a special moment you remember as I remember my stay. This place stands out before the others in it's own special way. You have to feel it and taste it. Don't miss it!

1  Thank Niki_Koev
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent dining experience at this newly opened French restaurant in Sofia. Although service and food (& presentation!) is excellent. I still feel that the chef is being a bit coy and could do much better and be more adventurous. Good for business or a romantic dinner. Wine list is good - but again slightly timid - there are so many GOOD Bulgarian wines that are 'French' in style that they could expand the list a wee bit...