“Great food and great value”
Review of Restaurant Talents

Restaurant Talents
Ranked #76 of 1,018 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: French, European, International, Contemporary, Fusion, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bend, Oregon
“Great food and great value”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This restaurant is a part of a relatively new culinary school in Sofia. We always try the culinary schools as they generally provide good food, good service, and great value. Talents is no exception. We had a wonderful lunch served by very attentive student servers. Sofia is an inexpensive city to begin with, and this place is a real bargain.

1 Thank rfp36

• Finnish first
Rome, Italy
“OUTSTANDING, Best Meal of our Trip to Sofia”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I chose Talents because I liked what I read about it in the tourist map, that it is a new teaching restaurant associated with the culinary institute, and it was near our hotel. We went for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised by the warm modern design, the outstanding service, quality and creativity of the dishes, and the price, which can't be beat! It was the standout meal of our trip for me and as I told the owner, I could have eaten the same meal a second time it was so good. The staff are friendly and helpful, all speak good English and are very attentive and efficient. We had the 4-course meal for 10 leva (about $8); I can't even believe they covered their costs at that price. They happily allowed me to switch the included soup for their special roasted pumpkin soup, which was to die for. Then there was a delicious salad with honey mustard dressing, followed by crusted tilapia with potatoes and a caramelized banana crepe with ice cream for dessert. The portion sizes were appropriate for lunch and dishes were perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. The very friendly owner/manager chatted with us for quite a while and gave us a bottle of their house Bulgarian wine as a gift. This would be my first choice upon another visit to Sofia and I wish them all the best in turning out excellent chefs and restaurant staff.

2 Thank romalaurita
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Was nice but could be much better.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After graduating from a H&R school many years ago, I was a little disappointed on my dining experience at Talent. The kitchen TV cam was delightful watching your meal being prepared. There should be equal emphasis on service and food, the so call teachers should be there to instruct the students on the wrong and right ways of proper table service, which to me takes a lot of experience on the floor and instruction. One very important factor everyone had a Smile on there face which made the whole meal worth being there. The main course could be a little larger and tastier because I don't think they have a problem with food cost. I guess you have to remember that it's a school, I would go back for the smiles...

Cork, Ireland
“Japanese Evening”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Love the idea of having themed menus. We have been to this restaurant at least three times and always found it excellent. The last visit was the Japanese themed menu, which we really enjoyed. Our next one will be the wine tasting evening. Looking forward to it. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 169traveller
Atanas D, Manager at Restaurant Talents, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ms/Mrs. 169 traveller,
Always a great pleasure to see such a positive review. We will certainly continue our themed nights in the future and hope to welcome you again soon. Perhaps not to miss: June 26: Belgian night with a special Guest Chef from Belgium, and our Sushi events (including sushi training) later this month!! Thanks for your posting…

Atanas Daradzhanski

F&B Service Instructor/Restaurant Manager
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great idea, but not good enough”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A restaurant run by an international culinary school - sounds like a great concept, what a shame that in Talents they got only half way there. It's a good attempt to deliver a fine dining experience, but it lacks the finesse and perfection.

Young trainees/student work here on a rota basis as waiters/barmen/cooks. They seem to be doing their best to please the customers - but due to their lack of experience the service is a bit awkward and lacking confidence. The youngsters are from different countries, so English is usually spoken here.

The food was ok, well executed and presented, but not well invented. Eg. the chocolate fondant was floating in a pool of what looked like a "blended green frog" - just a small blob of the pistachio foam would have been sufficient. It made me I wonder whether the dishes were put together by their teachers or by the students themselves.

The interior is really sterile and cold, there is no soul or heart in it. Not the best ambience for a relaxed night out with friends.

All in all - mediocre attempt of fine dining, very young and inexperienced stuff ( I get it - it is a training ground for them, but still - confidence that you believe in food you serve ought to be present). Soulless interior. Great value for yr money.

• Visited April 2013
Dear Mrs./Ms. Zuzka,
Many thanks for your recent feedback, we will certainly use it to develop Talents further and hope to see you back one day soon. As you are wondering who puts together the dishes: it is actually a team effort between our “talents” (the students) and our experienced teachers, and we invite you to come down to our kitchen next time for a live check!

Atanas Daradzhanski