“Thank you for a best time is Sofia”
Review of Sense Hotel Sofia

Sense Hotel Sofia
Ranked #8 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I belives once you do yours holiday, accomadation is one of a key part of it, My self i do found Sense hotel Sofia had make it better !I also work in operation part of big chain hotel but Sense hotel is very impress me first steps i walk in i can fell welcome from everyone and once i am in room i am very impress with decor and attntion to details that they have adjust to make yours stay more comfortable lighting is one of a key factor. I do have issue with my rain shower in bathroom that, on first day it flood everywhere in my bathroom and into bed room ! but with professional handling situtation with housekeeping and enginering has fix it with 100 % good resullt.. breakfast is good and wi-fi is the best ! even when you travel to eastern european country smile is very hard to find but not this place trust me !! They all will smile to you.

Good job everyone and thank you again !

Room Tip: Very good location
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank paulie11481

Reviewed October 21, 2013

While visiting Sofia on a business trip, staying at Sense hotel sounded like very good idea. The hotel has the perfect central location and is fairly easy to find. The first encounter with the hotel, however, raised an eyebrow: when I parked my car at the claustrofobic entrance of the so-called "Secure parking" I was surprised by a sign, stating that the parking fee is 18 EUR per night. This specific information is not available on the webpage of the hotel, but I guess I had to call and investigate prior to arrival, right? While the check-in was pretty quick, the nice waiter with the welcome drink caught me off guard as I did not expect that nice treatment, more apropriate for a leisure resort, rather than for a city hotel but it was one sweet moment after all. The room was very good, well appointed, with tons of supernice gadgets, such as huge Smart TV LED screen connected to a keyboard with integrated touchpad, lights adjustment with presets, radio w/alarm clock etc. ready to make your stay enjoyable. The wardrobes had enough hangers and space. One minor drawback was the 2 EUR price tag for a cup of tea or coffee, available for self-catering from the coffee machine, placed inside the drawer. This is rather irritating than convenient and more appropriate for a low cost hotel where every penny counts. The rooftop bar was nice, boosting stunning view on the city center and the golden domes of Alexander Nevsky church. The weather that afternoon was somewhat cold and we asked for a blanket which, to my disgust, happened to contain dozens of curly long black hairs! When I asked the waiter to see what he should have seen before I did, he started to clean the blanket right infront of me and the hair, naturally, flew directly onto my face. So, cheers to that service! The breakfast was just OK but strangely there was no salt or paper shakers and we had to ask the already overwhelmed waiters who did not have the time (or the training) to enforce any kind of dress code, as many guests were enjoying their meals in their sweaty jogging tank tops and spandex shorts, which was not exactly appetizing.
In conclusion, here is a note to the management: Please define your product goals, be there even on some weekends, spend some time training your staff or you will loose your advantages very, very soon.
All this is said with very good intentions and I would very much like to see this fabulous property getting where it belongs.

6  Thank KristalinaDimitrova
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We did not have any issues with this hotel. I was surprised to read the reviews that mentioned issues.

We had a great time. We travelled purely for pleasure.
The room was very modern and comfortable. The restaurant so tasty, we ate lunch there every single day. Breakfast was great too!
The gym is small but has everything you need, and I didn't take a dip in that saltwater pool but next time I will!

Service was always with a smile and very pleasant.
The bonus is that on the rooftop there is a great bar/lounge that has spectacular views and is a lot of fun! The location is perfect, close to all shopping and all kind of restaurant and cafes!
When I go back, I am staying at Sense Hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights – a mix of business and vacation – in early September. For years, we’ve been staying at the Radisson next door but decided to give Hotel Sense a try. The room was modern, well appointed and comfortable but there were issues with the AC the first day. I think they don’t turn the AC ahead of time and it takes hours for the room to cool off if it has been previously unoccupied. As others noted, no plug for the hairdryer in the bathroom, which ends up being really inconvenient if you are trying to style your hair and want to have the hairdryer plugged near a mirror. My favorite part were the Molton Brown amenities – a nice touch.

Service overall was very friendly, at times trying too hard, yet unprofessional and at times lacking – we had to make an effort to get a menu or the check at the lobby bar on two occasions.

Major fiasco at the rooftop bar both nights – it seems to always be reserved for some private party and even though on one occasion the sign said the private party ends at 12 and it was past that time, we were initially turned down and had to speak to a manager to get access to the terrace. It seems to me the hotel has a steadier revenue stream from the bar rather than the rooms (there were very few guests staying at the hotel) and acts accordingly but this is an unacceptable treatment of hotel guests.

Breakfast was underwhelming in both selection and quality. On at least one morning there was an extension cord stretching across the floor of the entire breakfast area, presenting a serious trip hazard, so a staff member was tasked with warning each hotel guest upon entering.

Although Hotel Sense is a great deal in terms of rates, until I can see from the reviews that the service has improved substantially, I will be sticking with the Radisson with its impeccably professional service. My advice to the management of Hotel Sense is to spend some time observing how the Radisson is run and learn from them.

2  Thank tiaww
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a brand new hotel and they deserve a great quotation...
- Hotel is conveniently located in the center, very close to sofia airport terminal 2, very nice loacation across a.o. Austrian embassy.
Great view from the room on the third floor towards the main street... (room 311)
Rooms are brand new and everything is high tech... big rooms with lot's of space on the desk to do some work... Unfortunately no time to visit spa and pool section...
Everything is state of the art, top class with very large and comfortable beds...
Bathroom was fantastic and big with bad and rain shower, bidet, and very well designed, just a minus the shower water tends to run into the bathroom, design error but they promised to take care of that...
I noticed they are very eager to learn from comments and they are gratefull when you point out something... they want to learn how to improve, how can you critize a hotel when they have that mentality...this is a big 5++++ for me :-)

- The staff: I travel a lot and I can assure you, especially in a country from the old Eastern block, good service can be difficult to find... not here... they speak flawless English, some Russian and do their best to give you the best service possible...nothing was to much trouble for the receptionist (Peter) and the doormen... they all did an extremely good job in helping out with anything you asked...extremely impressed by this service...

- Another big +++: they don't rip you off:prices in the bar and restaurant are very modest. Room service prices are also very modest... you don't end up paying a fortune for ordering something in the hotel...just another small remark: In most hotels you get coffe making facility with free coffee and tea bags... here it was an very nice nespresso machine but you had to pay 2 euro's for the pads...that's a bit of a setback since you can get a coffee for 1 leva in one of the pubs around the corner (= 0.5 euro)...

- internet: free wifi for all your devices and with an access code which makes it more secured.
Internet connection was very good (excellent) and did not have any connection problems during our 3 days stay...

- skybar on the 9th floor gives an excellent view over the city and you can enjoy same drinks and food as in the bar downstairs... it attracted a lot of visitors... there we had a small setback with a young inexperienced waiter who ended up delivering the appetizers not with the drinks but all together with the main course... we can forgive this, it was very crowded and they did their best... you can not be angry when they try so hard to do it good :-)

Breakfast was very good also, all the necessary was to be found and also there staff is very present to help and assist when needed... good value for the money again there...

Conclusion: very good hotel with an excellent and very helpful staff, great rooms, great view and affordable for this category of hotel in the center...

I hope they manage to keep this kind of service at this price for a long time and I will definitively go back there on my next business trip

Room Tip: rooms with view on the embassy and church are very good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Francois V
Boyko M, Director of Sales at Sense Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your extensive and positive feedback.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We very much appreciate the candid feedback we receive for all the facilities which you have used during your stay.

I trust that you will find a time to visit also our SPA Centre, where you can have your treatment with ESPA Cosmetics. We are the only Hotel in Bulgaria, exclusively using the ESPA.

Best Regards,
Boyko Manev
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights this week. Let me start by saying the staff here is great, from the front desk, to the bars and breakfast folks, to the spa folks. Everyone was friendly, took care of what you asked for, and did so in a happy way. Nonetheless, there were a few things that a business hotel needs to get right to make the stay experience better.

Positives: Hotel arranged a transfer from the airport and it was there, on time, and made it to the hotel, efficiently and pleasantly. Front desk check-in including being welcomed with a glass of champagne--hard to beat. When I asked about changing money, the front desk does not do that but the front door supervisor walked me down to the change place, about 3 minutes around the corner. Excellent printer and copier in the business center. Great spa center staff, who were happy to get you a water or a towel whenever needed. Excellent room service food and staff who brought it--they even prepared a tea for us after closing. Rooftop bar has phenomenal views of the city center from the topic including Alexander's Orthodox Church. Great internet; no limit on the number of devices and no additional costs. Does require daily log-in. Good yogurt, fruit, and pastries for breakfast.

Negatives: Every room does not have an iron and an ironing, unlike say the local Hilton does. In fact, you have to call and ask for one from housekeeping. Then, depending on the number of folks using them, you may or may not get one. If you have a meeting or dinner to go to, plan ahead. But really, is it that unreasonable to have one in each room. One manager suggested the reason they did not do that was because of a fire risk. Really?? The shower in the room has such a narrow clearance on the floor that you cannot open the door and have it clear the bath towel on the floor, thus requiring lots of water on the floor. Unlike many hotels, this one has lots of water pressure and when you turn on the tap, you can guarantee you'll get splashed and wet. The gym has one treadmill, one incumbent bike, several weigh machines, and some free weights. This is inadequate when more than three people want to use the room at the same time. There is a gym next door but didn't seem to have an arrangement with the hotel. Room on the front-street side can be a little loud, the beds are not terribly comfortable, and the heating system has issues the first night of our stay. Same scrambled eggs and sausage served every day; need some variety folks. Often runs out of juice and you have to ask for more. Housekeeping had to be called daily to come in and clean up. Turn down service is basically handing you a bottle of water and a card telling you tomorrow's weather.

Good to know item: If you are traveling with a spouse or significant other, they will add a charge of 20 Lev to the tab. That covers breakfast and the use of the facilities.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quieter but with a view; street side, above say the 3rd floor has great views...
1  Thank JDB1958
Boyko M, Director of Sales at Sense Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts.

I have taken your comments forward with our Executive Housekeeper, SPA Manager and F&B Manager, as we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a friendly welcome and we are so sorry this was not the case. Please be assured that the personnel concerned have undergone re-training.

We look forward to welcome you again at the SENSE Hotel Sofia!

Best Regards,
Boyko Manev
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Once you enter this hotel you could be anywhere in the world. I found this to be well designed as far as "design" hotels go, but gimmicky in the same old way.
All in all it's clean, comfortable, and swish. Could be the right place depending on the nature of your visit.

• Stayed: September 2013