“Real italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good aatmosphere, very teasty and perfect staff. I recommend this place to everyone who likes italian food.

1  Thank Michele S

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After long search, my mate and I finally found a real Italian place, with Italian owner. We had a pizza and it was way over the average in Sofia, although not like in Italy. For sure its a little bit pricy but definitely good.

1  Thank Luca M
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was the perfect spot for a special night out with friends. Wonderful atmosphere inside the restaurant, great waiters, delicious salads, food, desserts, and drinks. Not cheap, but a great spot to spend a couple hours with friends.

2  Thank sarahincolumbus
Reviewed August 26, 2013

we had a simple Italian evening here! Good food in a pleasant, quiet garden away from it all in Sofia. The service was professional and friendly, the food great and the wines if a little expensive for what they were, were not too over the top. I'd definately go back!

1  Thank harryram
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My sister and I went to he 'Barbarossa' on the last evening of a week trip through Bulgaria. After having read the comments of our predecessors, we were quite enthusiastic to have dinner at an original italian restaurant. unfortunately, our choice ended up being the worst place we've eaten during our trip. here come the reasons:

1) the barbarossa is quite expensive. expect paying twice the prices of a standard italian restaurant in Bulgaria und much more then usual bulgarian restaurants. this place is undoubtedly upper class, so it has to accomplish upper class standards.

2) the servant forgot our drinks. we waited for the drinks 20 minutes, got them finally after the starter.

3) i ordered an 'erdinger weißbier', but believe it or not - and i have drunk many wheat beers in my life, so i'm 100 % sure that my taste worked well - the beer that was in bottle wasn't an erdinger weißbier. it was for sure not a yeast beer. i have no idea how this can happen, but i'm sure that it did happen.

4) i ordered tortellini for 18 leva and had about 9 of them on my plate which weren't in any way special. they weren't bad, but regarding quality in quantity unreasonably expensive.

5) the tortellini came 20 minutes before the pizza for my sister came. so we had to eat seperately from each other.

6) to bridge the time gap, i decided to order a tiramisu. another 20 minutes later - by sister had meanwhile finished the pizza - the servant approached to inform me that there is no tiramisu and that i could have something else instead. we asked for the bill.

7) on the bill, i found the tiramisu. of course we didn't have to pay for it, but all in all another point for a disastrous dinner.

barbarossa gets one point for the nice atmosphere and for the quality of food, which isn't special or worth a visit though.

4  Thank Pascal F