“Pleasant modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Novotel Sofia
Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Sofia
“Pleasant modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

A typical modern Novotel, this is very reasonably priced and modern

Room comfort was good, choice of TV channels worth watching if you are English is minimal. Close to the airport, food was good, staff were friendly
Would recommend as a stay for business, although not sure you would want to go to Sofia for pleasure:)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at out hotel!

I was very pleased to read your comments regarding our amenities and services. We have recently updated our TV channel selection in order to offer a broader choice to our guests, so thank you for noticing!

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Vincent Dujardin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Razgrad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Needed a hotel for the weekend on our way back from Pirin mountain. Found a great rate on one of the travel websites and booked just few hours before arriving to the hotel. I did not have a print out and was a bit worried that they may not have the confirmation yet, but all was fine.
Very friendly staff member at the reception took time to explain about the hotel and the nearby attractions. The room was great. Very modern and while not as spacious compared to some other hotels, it was just fine for two of us. There was a sleeper sofa in the room as well. There are free soft drinks in the mini bar as well, which is always a plus. Cleanliness wise the room was spotless. Kudos to the Housekeeping team since I am one of those people that usually check the room before I put down my luggage (and believe me I am good at it :) ). We went downtown for a early dinner and a football game(one of the teams was staying in the hotel as well) and then we went for a movie in the Shopping Mall which is walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel is 5-7mins from the airport (shuttle available). Overall very-very pleasant stay which we would repeat in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are on a higher floors so view is always good, but if you are a smoker you may wan...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Ivo,

It was pleasure reading your review on Novotel Sofia!

I would like to personally thank you for the comments regarding our team and rest assure I will share them with all colleagues and especially with the housekeeping crew!
It was really nice to find out that you had such a pleasant time at our hotel and that you had the time to try all the free time activities around the hotel! I really hope you enjoyed watching the good football game!

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a stop off before flying to Bucharest. Maximum 10 minute drive from the airport. Friendly and helpful staff at the reception and at the hotel lobby bar. Rooms are extremely clean, comfy beds, lovely huge shower cubicle and great selection of channels on the tv. I couldn't fault this hotel during my brief stay. Also, after spending a few hours working in the hotel lobby, I accidentally left my mobile phone where I was sitting and the bar staff returned it to me. This at least proved the staff are trustworthy which can't always be said for all hotel staff in general.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Prilly P
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Prilly,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel!

It is wonderful to read that despite the short stay you had a great time at Novotel Sofia and I would like to especially thank you for the nice comments regarding our team! I will personally share your post with all colleagues!

We would be expecting you again with us soon and hopefully next time you will have more time to enjoy our services and amenities!

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is my fourth hotel I was staying in Sofia. I liked a lot Metropolitan hotel and stayed several times there. But heard of this new Novotel and tried this time. Know for sure will come back there next time. Competitive rates, close proximity to the airport with shuttle bus from and to there, and next building to the biggest shopping mall in Sofia.
Breakfast is good. All what you might expect. I only missed mozzarella to call it perfect :)
Rooms are not huge but have the cool feature of glass wall between shower and the room, which can become transparent by simple pressing of a button on the wall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear AlexanderRu,

I would like to personally thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

I am really happy you liked our "glass feature" and the hotel as a whole.

Regarding the breakfast, please the next time you come to stay with us, ask someone from the team at breakfast and we will provide you mozzarella, so that we can complete your breakfast experience with us and start your day positively!

Looking forward to welcome you again!

Zlin, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Fine hotel not so far from airport (7 min by car) and with good connection to the hearth of Sofia. Close to hotel is located big shopping mall, main road to citi-centre is oposite to main entrance. Perfect service, very nice rooms and soft drinks on the room daily for free. Tasty breakfast and very good business lunch (3 courses). Room, restaurant and all public spaces was very clean. Only one problem was with business corner and impossibility to use printer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Novotel Sofia with us!

I would like to express my gratitude for your kind words! I am really happy that you liked all our services and amenities and moreover you had the chance to taste our delicious business lunch!

We would be really glad to welcome you again with us!

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very good Novotel, one of the best. Only complaint was the wifi in room was accessible only near the door and. Even then it dropped out a bit. However it's nice not to be connected sometimes. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Jason G
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Jason,

I would like to thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

Thank you for the kind words and regarding the wifi, I am happy to inform you that we have already changed the whole network and devices and you will find the big difference in speed and connection on your next visit to Novotel Sofia!

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Great service and very service minded personnel with above average English knowledge. A new hotel with high standard rooms. We had to get up early to catch a red eye flight from Sofia and the staff arranged a breakfast to go for me and my colleague because we had to leave before the breakfast was served. Located 10 minutes from the airport and a taxi costs under 5 EUR. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mattias S
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Mattias,

I would like to thank you for this review on your stay with us!

I want to thank you about your positive comments about our team! I am really glad that you were satisfy with our services and amenities and I would be really happy to welcome you again with us!

Once again thank you for your wonderful review!