“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Sofia
Zlin, Czech Republic
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Fine hotel not so far from airport (7 min by car) and with good connection to the hearth of Sofia. Close to hotel is located big shopping mall, main road to citi-centre is oposite to main entrance. Perfect service, very nice rooms and soft drinks on the room daily for free. Tasty breakfast and very good business lunch (3 courses). Room, restaurant and all public spaces was very clean. Only one problem was with business corner and impossibility to use printer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Novotel Sofia with us!

I would like to express my gratitude for your kind words! I am really happy that you liked all our services and amenities and moreover you had the chance to taste our delicious business lunch!

We would be really glad to welcome you again with us!

Vincent Dujardin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very good Novotel, one of the best. Only complaint was the wifi in room was accessible only near the door and. Even then it dropped out a bit. However it's nice not to be connected sometimes. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Jason G
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Jason,

I would like to thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

Thank you for the kind words and regarding the wifi, I am happy to inform you that we have already changed the whole network and devices and you will find the big difference in speed and connection on your next visit to Novotel Sofia!

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Great service and very service minded personnel with above average English knowledge. A new hotel with high standard rooms. We had to get up early to catch a red eye flight from Sofia and the staff arranged a breakfast to go for me and my colleague because we had to leave before the breakfast was served. Located 10 minutes from the airport and a taxi costs under 5 EUR. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mattias S
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Mattias,

I would like to thank you for this review on your stay with us!

I want to thank you about your positive comments about our team! I am really glad that you were satisfy with our services and amenities and I would be really happy to welcome you again with us!

Once again thank you for your wonderful review!

Oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have been surprised of my experience compared to the fellow members of Tripadvisor. Yes the Novotel seems recently build and is very conveniently located, being closed to the shopping and on the main road to rapidly commute to the airport, the center, or the business park. But is has the worst breakfast I have ever seen in a Novotel, the rooms are much too warm without possibility to decrease the temperature. The staff was not helpful, when asked to book a taxi for a certain time, they would just call it when I was coming down to inquire where it was. the person at the check-out struggled for a good 10 minutes to cancel the pre authorization on the card, making me being late for a meeting. Finally I found the quality of the pillows also substandard, this hotel is at best offering the services of an Ibis.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,
I would like to first thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Novotel Sofia!

I was really disappointed to read that we could not meet your expectations on this stay with us! We strive at providing the highest quality of service and we take a great pride in our team and their training so I was really unpleasantly surprised of the above described situations. I could assure you that I will personally look into the matter and I really hope that we would be able to welcome you again and compensate you for your troubles on your last stay with us!

Please accept our sincere apology and hope to see you soon with us!