“Modern hotel, near the airport”
Review of Novotel Sofia

Novotel Sofia
Ranked #2 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just a short drive from the airport, I stayed at the Novotel on business last week. The hotel is very new and very stylish for this type of budget hotel. The staff were excellent, really friendly. The wifi is free, easy to use and very fast.
The rooms are nice - the room I stayed in didn't have a bath but a big shower, with the kind of glass that you can touch a button for it to frost over - if not the shower looked over the bedroom.
I used a meeting room in the hotel. The equipment was top notch and they had knowleadgeable people on hand to help.
The toiletries could have been a bit nicer - no body lotion which was a shame. Other than that, great

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Beverly,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us!

I am glad you have been satisfied with our services and amenities and you had the chance to experience our meeting room facilities!

Once again thank you for your comments and we would be more than happy to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here with our daughter for 8nights. The room was very modern and extremely clean, our daughter slept on the sofa bed. We had breakfast each morning and found that if we didn't get there early items may run out, so we ensured to get there early. The breakfast had good selection and worth the extra money when booking the room. The barman Daymon was very friendly and made great cocktails. Our daughter had her birthday during our stay, the hotel left a lovely note and birthday cake in our room, it made her day. We found all staff to be very helpful with directions and obliging. On top of the fabulous service of the hotel it is right next door to a very new and modern shopping centre. Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Traceymcgu
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you celebrated such an important moment in your life as the birthday of your daughter in our hotel!

I would personally share your comments with our team! It is wonderful to read how satisfied you were with not only our amenities and location, but also from our dedicated staff!

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel. The hotel is clean and modern. The hotel is near my company's Sofia office location so it makes it very convenient. The hotel is next to the main mall for Sofia, so gives you options for meals and entertainment. The negative is the hotel is located about 6 miles from city center. You can always catch a taxi from the Mall to get to city center. No issues with WiFi. The mini bar is free but this time no Coke, just Ginger Ale, Water, and Orange drink. The breakfast is not bad and works for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CodyDC
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear CodyDC,

Thank you for the review you wrote on Novotel Sofia!

I am glad that you are enjoying every time your stay with us and you find us a suitable location for both business and leisure!

Once again thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My first visit to Sofia, the taxi ride from the airport was not very comforting with regards to the hotel the company put me in. I was wrong.

Absolutely modern hotel with good facilities. The staff speaks fluent English (among other languages) and is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are located between the 8th and 15th floor and are nice and modern. Because the rooms are located so far above the ground helps them being really quiet. May be they're not as spacious as they are in the US, but normal for European standards. The bed was very comfortable and I like the fact that I could hook up my laptop to the TV and watch a movie after a long day work.

Bathroom is great, the shower was really nice and all was clean. Housekeeping does a good job , the minibar (containing water and some juice) is complimentary and restocked every day.

No negative points then? Well, the fruit salad at breakfast was not really fresh and I saw a piece of cheese that had some mold (no, it was not brie). But for the rest: recommended!

1  Thank Tolletje053
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to share with the Tripadvisor members your experience at Novotel Sofia!

Firstly I would like to thank you for the comments regarding our team! We are striving at offering the highest possible quality of service and we take a great pride in our staff! This is why comments like yours are among the things which I will personally share with the whole team and especially with our housekeeping department!

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the complimentary minibar and was able to relax using our high-tech room facilities after a long working day.

Regarding the breakfast, I want to thank you for your remarks. I will check the matter as the above mentioned issues are really uncommon for our buffet breakfast.

Once again thank you for your review on our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel on a recent business trip. I was really pleasantly suprised by the modern and well appointed rooms and the high level of service. Breakfast was also very good and the fitness center well equiped. Alltogether, very good value for money.

1  Thank Aviad M

Dear Aviad,

Thank you for finding the time to share with us your experience at our hotel!

I am really glad that you liked our amenities and you have evaluated so high our services!

We will be looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you are planning to go to Sofia, I can recommend this hotel which is not at the center but not also so far from center. As the taxi price is very cheap, you can choose this hotel which is very new and very clean. The room is big enough and very modern. Just near the hotel, there is a huge mall which is the best of Sofia.

Room Tip: Choose the room at 10th floor
1  Thank cemcetin67
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Novotel Sofia with us!

I am glad to hear that the location was suitable for you and you had also the chance to explore the beautiful city of Sofia!

Looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Currently staying at Novotel . Been here 2 nights. With another 6 nights to go
Very disappointed with staff attitude.
Turned up to superior family room which was booked for 3 people. Sofa bed has no linens and no pillow or towel. Had to request it be sent to room. Each day have had to go to gym to get towel as when room cleaned no towel replaced.
Booked massage for tonight but staff has no record of it when I turned up. Very frustrating. Told other people have booked today so they can't honour my original booking.
Bathroom floods every time you have shower so can't put anything on floor (eg, slippers)

The good location to mall means you have options for food, transport and shopping.

Room Tip: Check the room you are allocated Is the one you booked.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your review on your current stay with us!

We have acknowledged your comments and we have taken actions in this direction.

I really hope you are satisfied with your stay at Novotel Sofia, despite the small issues that occurred.

Should you want to share with us more regarding your stay with us, please feel free to contact me at h8468-gm@accor.com .

Once again thank you for your review!