Novotel Sofia
$67
Travelocity
$73
$51
All reviewsclose to the airportshopping mallspecial thanksbig mallnice modern hotelbusiness tripbusiness arearecommend this hotelshuttle busshuttle serviceclean roomsexcellent staycity centrebreakfast was excellentbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelvitosha mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the novotel for 5 nights on business. It was chosen as it is close to my office, but it also close to the airport and there is a new modern mall next door. The hotel itself is modern and has really good sized rooms and lovely clean bathrooms. I was really impressed with the room size and quality and the free soft drinks in the mini bar was a nice touch. I ate in the restaurant for both breakfast and evening meals and service was very good and the food quality also good. The front desk were very helpful supplying iron and ironing board when I asked for them and the free shuttle to the airport was also appreciated. The hotel is a little way out of the centre of Sofia but you can get a taxi from the mall and they are so cheap it only cost about £3 each way - just make sure you get a proper cab company. All in all I enjoyed my stay, my only negative comments would be that the gym & leisure facilities are not great. It comprises of two treadmills and one exercise bike and some free weights. It was almost always full in there so i didnt get to exercise - and the steam room has no information as to whether there are changing facilities, whether its unisex etc. However if i were to stay again there is a gym next door which a colleague negotiated a weekly price for using. My only other comments are that the bathroom while nice and large, the towel size and toiletries are adequate but not brilliant and the monsoon shower isnt very powerful - however these are details you would expect from a 4 or 5 star luxury hotel so for the price of the Novotel its not a big deal and overall i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying at Novotel Sofia with us!
I am pleased that you liked the design of the hotel and you had a chance to enjoy the free minibar and all other services.

Thank you also about your remarks regarding the fitness facilities and bathroom supplies. Your opinion is highly evaluated.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Sofia for business you certainly don't want hotel in which Wi Fi is so slow that in evening hours you can not even acces your mailbox. I was not able to complete one wery important project due to this fact.

• Stayed: August 2013
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Jovan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Novotel Sofia! We are sorry that on this occasion we could not meet your expectations. It was really unpleasant to find out that due to connection fail down you had interrupted your workflow. I will personally look into this matter. Should you decide to share more comments regarding any other aspect of your stay with us, please feel free to contact me a h8468-rm@accor.com
Once again please accept our apology and hope to see you again with us!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here at the start of our return leg home. After a bad experience at novotel in Southampton England, I was dubious about staying here --- how wrong I was. It was absolutely lovely! The beds were like little clouds of happiness sending you off to one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time! We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on the food! Good central location, it cost us 7 Bulgarian lev in a taxi into the centre of the city.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank heather a

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of the beds and had a chance to also explore Sofia city center.

Thank you for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed two nights at the new Novotel in Sofia, Bulgaria. The hotel was very comfortable and clean, brand new, and in a good location, right next to a beautiful new shopping mall and only about 10 minutes from airport. The room was very well appointed, the only thing that kept it from being a 5 is that there was no where to have two outlets by a mirror (I'm a hair dryer and flat iron person). Had to figure out how to plug in. No outlets in bathroom and only mirror was where the suitcase holder is.

Great shower, a few complimentary beverages in mini bar. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Madame,
Thank you for your review on Novotel Sofia!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding your remarks for the plug ins, we are in a process of adding new outlets in order to make our guests` stay even more comfortable.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013