“A lovely hotel!”

Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

That was a nice surprise to spend a night in this hotel after ugly, depressing Sofia airport.. Lovely small hotel with helpful staff and great restaurant at the back. Nice, big rooms, comfy beds.. just enough for a relaxing, good night sleep! Very clean and classy.. Great bathroom and shower i could die for.. ;) We had stayed in deluxe twin room and loved every minute of it. Location quite good and tram stop just outside. Hotel driver was recommended to us, although he doesn't know city well, and wanted to overcharge us slightly.. Always be careful when taking taxis in Sofia as they always try to make you pay better!! Never pay in euros.. exchange some Lev's and it should be around 10-20Lev's max for airport transport.. not 20 euros!! Also, it's worth checking the price before entering the taxi and if you need receipt, ask in advance as we have been refused one there too.. Crazy place Sofia, but surely has some charm!!
Prices quite good in Sofia and you can get some good food at great prices. Hotel restaurant very nice and lovely breakfast choice!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danek_6
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear guest,
Let me take the opportunity to thank you for the interest showed toward BEST WESTERN Bristol Hotel and your review posted on Tripadvisor. I am very glad that our amenities, attitude and experience satisfied completely your requirements and corresponded to your expectations. I really appreciate your superlative comments concerning to the size and comfort of the bathroom and I am delighted you enjoyed our restaurant food and breakfast quality.I’m surprised that our hotel driver services didn’t meet your criteria,but I would like to thank you for bringing our attention to your experience.I really sorry for your disappointment regard to taxi services in Sofia. Usually normal daily tariff is approximately 0.80 BGN per km and night tariff is approximately 1.00 BGN per km, but in Bulgaria there are a lot of legal taxi companies with different tariffs that’s why you are absolutely right that anyone should carefully checking the price before entering the taxi.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Hoping to see you soon again as a valued guest of Lozenetz Hotel!

Zhivko Zhelyazkov,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel with more than helpful staff. Situated central but the city really is a let down. Breakfast wasn't the best but was palatable and plentiful. Nice bathroom with a good shower. Good WI FI connection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences. I really appreciate the high grade you have given to all staff, because the honest opinion of guests has great importance for hotel management and helps for improving level of services and quality of amenities. I’m really sorry the breakfast didn’t correspond completely to your expectations, but I’m absolutely sure it will find your requirements if you decide to be again guest of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel. I’m delighted regard to your positive comments you have written for the bathroom facilities and WI FI connection. Surely hope to see you again on your next visit to Sofia.

Bologna
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good value for money hotel close to the center. The room has a medium size. Not small but not big enough for a 4 star hotel. The bathroom was excellent. Huge and comfortable. They have a good free Wi-Fi all over the hotel. Breakfast was good as well. Concerning the stuff, most of them were very helpful while few were not that good. Bar was more than expensive. The thing we didn’t like was the fact that although we booked a non refundable offer, they hadn’t charged our credit card before our arrival and that created a problem on our check-out while we weren’t sure about that fact until we called our bank.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pellegrina_leone
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Mrs. Leone,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your superlative comments concerning to the size and comfort of the bathroom and I am glad you enjoyed hotel amenities and breakfast quality. Most of our guests shared that the bar prices are very affordable and even much lower than those of other four star hotels they stayed, but I am grateful for bringing our attention to your experience and really sorry for your disappointment. I am surprised about this misunderstanding and inconvenience happened concerning to payment on your check out day. Our policy for all non-refundable reservations is to make authorization of credit card (blocking the amount on your account), provided by the guest as a guarantee for arrival. This means you can not operate with this amount but the actual payment is not made. This procedure has entered in the hospitality practice because in many cases guests upon arrival prefer to pay for their stay cash or by another credit card. Thank you again for your comments and accurate observations. We are delighted to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last summer. I can say the decoration inside is good... It is a newly refurbished hotel with nice bathroom, comfortable bed and nice wallpapers. Air condition is working quite well. I liked the Breakfast bar too but I was totally disappointed as I had lunch on the first day of my visit in Hotel. Waiter was rude, took ages to prepare my dish and food was not worthy for the value of money. I also noticed some of reception staff also serve in bar which does not look professional to me. Apart from that, hotel experience was fine. Area is close to downtown but so busy and crowded so forget the idea of leaving the windows open. My opinion? 3 stars...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very nice hotel, small and welcoming.
The staff were all friendly, smiling and willing to serve us any time.
Our room was beautiful warm and always clean.
We really liked the breakfast as there was nearly anything to eat and always hot aromatic coffee for us to drink.
The hotel is in a great location close to transport.
You can go on foot to the city center within five to ten minutes from many directions, passing through main streets full of shops, restaurants and clubs.
Although situated in a central location at night there is no noise from the streets which are full of people.

We recommend it unreservedly."

We would like to thank all nice people (and excellent hotel staff) of the hotel Best Western Plus Bristol who made our stay in Sofia, pleasant and easy.

Maria and Georgios from Cyprus

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Anamaria,
Thank you for your review posted on Tripadvisor. I am delighted regard to your positive comments you have written for our property. The main aim of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel is to respond to all guests requirements and for us your high rating means you enjoyed totally our amenities and services. The high grade you have given concerning to attitude and experience of all hotel staff is a truly honor. I surely hope you will recommend our hotel and I will be very glad if you decide to be our guests again on your next visit to Sofia.

Kumanovo, Kumanovo, Macedonia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is new, opened this year.The location is good, short walk to the city centre.The room is nice.The brekfast is ok, not much choice but ok.The staff is very kind, there is no parking, but they park your car close to the hotel in guarded parking,It cost 5 euro per day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Vilim,
Thank you to share your experiences. I am very pleased to read your honest feedback because it helps us to improve our level of services. We are very glad that our amenities, attitude and experience satisfied completely your requirements and corresponded to your expectations. We are looking forward to welcome you again as a guest of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel.

Berlin
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I got a really good deal through a major Internet site. The hotel was easy to find. From the airport it took me about an hour to get their by bus and metro. By taxi you could probably do it in about 20-25 minutes. It's a ten-minute walk from the Serdika metro station. The area is not the most beautiful part of Sofia, but major sites are nearby, most within a 25-minute walk. My room was about average size, very clean, especially the bathroom. It appears to be a renovated older building. The TV had over 100 channels, many showing films or TV series in English with Bulgarian subtitles. Besides the room and the restaurant, there is nothing else here. The breakfast was about average, but better than most small hotels in Eastern Europe. Of course it didn't compare to a Hilton or Radisson. The view from my room was a small courtyard and the backs of buildings, so don't count on a good view. Facing the street could be loud. I've stayed at five different hotels in Sofia and the BW Bristol ranks second for value for money. My favorite is the Hilton, which is only reasonably priced on weekends. The Radisson and Sofia Plaza disappointed and I can't remember the name of the remaining one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
traveller294452, Manager at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2016
Dear Happy Guest.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Best Regards,