“Nice for an early afternoon-coffee”
Review of Cafe Wien

Cafe Wien
Ranked #7 of 27 Dessert in Sofia
Cuisines: Austrian, Italian, Swiss, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you have a sweet tooth like myself, drop by this place for a typical Viennese coffee with whipped cream and some of their delicious cakes. Interior and atmosphere is cozy and nice!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Wien

Reviewed November 15, 2013

A few steps from the hotel, I stayed offers nice atmosphere , tasty sweets and more. Try it ,it's worth it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We dropped in for a late dinner on a weekday and were the only guests; however, the staff raised to the occasion and made us feel welcome. The cafe itself reminds you of Vienna like a Disneyland castle - of a real one, but we mostly enjoy Disneyland, right? The food is really good and portions are generous, so plan ahead while ordering to save some space for desserts, which are quite pleasant. Our overall experience was - as my kids put it - fulfilling in every respect. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I can only speak of the drinks and service, as I didn't try the food in that cafe. Well, the drinks were ok and slighltly overpriced but the service leaves lots to be desired. Haughty waiters that "do you a favour" by serving you - maybe they would have been friendlier if we had ordered food and our bill was bigger. Overall - not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Wien Cafe is in the center of Sofia, near the Alexander Nevski church and Saint Sofia church. First we hesitated a little to push the big doors of the cafe but I am happy we did because when you enter you step in another time and place. The two rooms, the main one on the left side and a smaller one on the right side of the entrance, are elegant and beautifully decorated in a Viennese style, the sitting is comfortable, the waitresses are in a nice uniform, black skirt and white blouse, there is a pleasant musical background (classical Viennese of course) and even a piano in a corner. The menu is very rich with special types of coffees (with some different liqueurs, whipped cream...), pancakes (sweet and savories), sandwiches, salad, main meals but, most of all, delicious sweets and cakes. The clients are also special, a mixture of old and new World, very interesting. Don't miss it.

2  Thank Jeanne70