“Princess Hotel or Ramada of Sofia is a great English speaking hotel”
Review of Ramada Sofia

Ramada Sofia
Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Princess Hotel or Ramada of Sofia is a great English speaking hotel”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went on a business trip with a friend and stayed a wk. They offer great customer service, have a free safety box in the lobby. They also have a great breakfast buffet which comes free with the hotel. The restaurant downstairs serves good food. The guards and front desk provide great customer service. Everyone speaks English and you can change money in the casino portion.

Room Tip: We got the first floor rooms which were very clean
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Ramada Sofia, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our hotel and service.

These kind of positive comments further encourage us for better service, new initiatives to exceed our guests' expectations during their stay with us.

I have shared your comments with my team as well.

We do hope to welcome you again in Ramada Sofia if your way ever crosses Sofia again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at Ramada Sofia on business for 3 nights.The room was comfortable.The hotel has a good location,just five minutes to the Central Bus Station and Railway station.A pleasant 15 minute walk on Maria Luiza street takes one to the city centre.The view from my room had a good view of the city and mountains.A good spread for breakfast.The front office and the restaurant staff are friendly and helpful,.It has a big swimming pool, SPA and banqueting facilities. .Attached is a Casino,good chance to win or lose money !!!

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces towards the city and mountains.Other side has a back view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Ramada Sofia, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay as well as your valuable comments.

I am really happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and experienced friendly service which is our ultimate goal in this property.

I have shared your nice comments with my team which motivate them to exceed our guests' expectations.

Once again thank you for your time to share your opinion with us.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the close future.

Mosta, Malta
Reviewed February 19, 2014

During our 3 night stay in this 4 star hotel was very pleasant as style of hotel is like 5 star hotels. Rooms are spacious filled with everything needed. Always clean. Restaurant with a variety of choices for Breakfast. Only downfall is that only once the breakfast had the variety of full English Breakfast while other times it was not. Otherwise I would go back again =]

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonny D
General M, General Manager at Ramada Sofia, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest ,

I would like to thank for your valuable comment regarding your recent stay in Ramada Sofia. Such positive comments give us further encouragement to increase our service level and exceed our guests' expectations.

I will share your comments with my management team.

Looking forward to welcome you again in Ramada Sofia in the near future.

General Manager.
Toulouse, France
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice but need a big makeover. Everything seems to be from the top level from the 70's. Saying that my room is big and I got everything I need. The place has a lovely spa (always nice) and a casino (not for me).
Unfortunately, according to my local business contact, the area is dodgy they advise not going out on my own. :( for sure it's looks like we need a cab every time we want to go in the city center. So, even if the place is ok, I don't think I will come back there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paternos
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your recent stay in Ramada Sofia.
I am really glad that you have enjoyed your room and our SPA services.

I am happy to inform you that, we have started our master renovation plan and soon we will have brand new rooms and corridors for our valuable guests.

Our hotel is walking distance to city centre and is just by the metro station which is very convenience to reach main business and local attractions within the city. Rest assured we have not withnessed any incident in our area for a known time as the local police station is siituated just behind the hotel which gives us great advantage for security.

For your upcoming visit to Sofia, please allow me to upgrade you to one of our newly renovated suites on the 16th floor with renovated corridor to receive your valuable comments thereafter .

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very friendly service and very central location. Great for both vacation and business (which I was). Didn't like the casino part (never go places like that) and the nightclub, but I guess thats the usual issue for Eastern Europe hotels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything is average in this Hotel . But reception and Concierge are very polite and helpful . Rooms are outDated and dirty. Location is not The best only advantage is to be opposite The main bus and train station. Avoid taking taxi from The street , ask help from Concierge . There is nice casino conneceted to The Hotel I strongly recomend to visit it.

Room Tip: You can try The suit rooms on top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
East Anglia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's been a while since I visited Bulgaria and the changes (for the better) are surprising and gratifying. Clean streets, working fountains, nicely planted publich gardens make Sofia a truly European city again. I was a guest at a conference for the stay at the Princess and my impression was very favourable. The staff were friendly and helpful and all spoke excellent English.
The hotel was clean and well cared for. It is a little dated but I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before this will be addressed. Compared to what I experenced in the 1990s it is in a different league!
Although it's not in the centre of the city it is only a 15 minute walk away or you could use the subway that has a station no more than 3 minutes walk away, failing that taxis are cheap and plentiful.
There is a large indoor swimming pool and spa facililities (not tried).
The hotel provides an airport car at €18 per person if you want to ride in style.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple