“Recommendable”
Review of Hilton Sofia

Ranked #3 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Staying at the Hilton Sofia for the second time I can only reconfirm the impressions of my first stay. The hotel is located close to the Vitosha boulevard which brings you directly to the city center. Food, breakfast and dinner, is of very good quality. The offered selection of local wines is also tempting. Rooms are spacious and equipped with all modern comfort. But most of all, the amazing helpfulness of the staff, from waiter to night manager, made my stay unforgettable. They all try to speak and understand English and are very polite. I would definitively recommend the relaxing massage service offered at the SPA. If for any reason I have to go back to Sofia again I'll for sure choose this Hilton as my home port.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Caballero1302
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear aballero1302,
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review on TripAdvisor site.
It was a pleasure to understand that you were satisfied with your second visit with us and you enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience!
As we strive to maintain a consistent level of Hilton hospitality, we highly value the feedback of our guests.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back under our roof!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The least attractive thing about this hotel first: the building seen from outside. Very modern without an attractice design and not very appealing. But that's about it, I loved all the rest of this hotel.
The hotel is very modern inside as well, but with a nice feeling to it! The rooms are standard Hilton quality, functional, don't expect anything extraordinary. But I enjoyed staying in my room on the 8th floor. My view was not sensational, but quite nice and in the morning, you could see the sun rise over Sofia. With the snow it looked very beautiful. From the window at the end of the aisle you could see the mountains, a great sight. I guess there should be some rooms towards the back of the hotel from where you'd have he same view.
The Hilton is conveniently located, a ten-minute-walk from the historic and commercial center, if you need to buy something, there is a ( small ) shopping mall right behind the hotel, with a big supermarket on the lower level.
The fitness room of the hotel is not huge, but big enough for several people to do their work out at the same time. It is accessible 24/24 and has everything you need.The spa is open until 10 pm during the week, nice sauna and steam room and a little square pool - too small if you want to swim, but nice if you want to relax after the sauna.

I found all of the staff extremely attentive, friendly, helpful and I loved the breakfast, perfect mix of international and Bulgarian food. If you like dairy products you should try the Bulgarian strained yoghurt and have it with a selection of nuts and honey, what a treat!
I had a great time staying there and would definitely stay there again if I should go back to Sofia.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back should have a beauiful view towards the mountains, judging by the view fr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sunstar1019
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sunstar1019,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review and letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia.
It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with the friendliness of our team, the guestroom ambiance and facilities – we will do our best to keep up the good work.
I would like to assure you that we are always working on delivery a top service to our guests!
Your feedback is very important to us and has been highly appreciated!
Once again, thank you for your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Sofia. Although the hotel is supposedly about ten years old, the hotel seems to be much newer – in a positive way. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are attractive, and the breakfast in the restaurant, although a bit overpriced, is excellent. The hotel is not far from Sofia’s central area, but too far to walk for most people. There are no restaurants in the immediate area, with the exception of a 24-hour MacDonald’s across a busy street. The hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport for 30 Lev or 15 Euros, but most taxis will be less expensive. I paid 13 Lev to return to the airport from the hotel. All taxis in Sofia seem to have meters, but the rates per km vary considerably. Many taxis have a sticker in their windows with the rates, which typically range from about .8 to .9 Lev per km. Be careful, however, because some taxis are considerably more expensive. The “OK” taxis seem to be fairly priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RichT529

Dear RichT529,
I would like to thank you for your detailed review, highlighting the pleasant experience you enjoyed at Hilton Sofia.
I was delighted to receive your kind comments. It was great to learn that you remained very happy with our services and facilities.
Thank you once again and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on many more visits to come!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My second visit to this Hilton in Sofia.

Staff were friendly and attentive, the chamber maid even rolled all my computer cables up and tided the work area :)

Breakfast was good and plentiful.

Fast internet makes this a good business hotel when in Sofia.

10 minute walk from center of town.

2  Thank Businesstraveller03
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Businesstraveler03,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and nice comments. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your second stay at Hilton Sofia and remained highly satisfied especially with the service of our team members, Internet and Hilton Breakfast!
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Sofia.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is modern and clean with friendly and helpful staff. The service was professional and the rooms are of a good quality and sufficiently spacious . We found the restaurant good for dinner and breakfast. The hotel is a safe and secure venue with excellent facilities for visiting Sofia. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim F

Dear Jim F,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us via TripAdvisor.
We were glad to find out that you enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience and remained very happy with the service of our team members, the hotel ambiance and restaurant experience – your comments are highly appreciated.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Hilton Sofia, soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My first visit to Sofia on business.

Over the years, Hilton have picked themselves up from their rather shabby reputation and this is a good representative of their new image...modern and clean with friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are of a good quality and spacious enough and I found the restaurant good for dinner and breakfast.

On the down side...
They still charge about 10 Euros a day for in-room internet - in my opinion, any modern hotel should provide this free of charge nowadays.

The AC seemed to be sucking traffic fumes into the room - this was probably due to the weather (very cold and humid) but it wasn't pleasant.

However, at 98Euros a night inc. breakfast, it was good value and I recommend it..

Room Tip: They offer a shuttle to and form the airport for 22 Euros. That seems to be about right for the trip...
1  Thank JandJWestSussex

Dear JandJWestSussex,

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review on TripAdvisor site.

I was happy to read that you were satisfied with your first business visit to the Hilton Sofia.

Further to your Internet comment, I would like to inform you that due to the exclusivity of the local provider company, we are unable to offer free Internet service.
You already know that our company is currently working on its global Internet strategy, part of which is that as of 1 September 2010 Hilton Worldwide introduced free Internet access for all Gold and Diamond Hilton HHonors members.

In addition, we are planning to have free internet access in all our public areas.

Once again thank you for your comments and I and my team will be looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on many more visits to come!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I like this hotel because they have nice staff, decent rooms and a good location. Because Taxis are cheep, it will cost you a few Euros to get around. The breakfast was also very good and the rooms are clean an charming.

1  Thank Reiseprofi_Wien

Dear Reiseprofi_Wien,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia. It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with our team, location, the guestroom ambiance and facilities – we will do our best to keep up the good work.