“Great Hotel”
Review of Hilton Sofia

Ranked #3 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is one of the best Hilton hotels in which I have stayed. I enjoyed an executive room which was comfortable and clean. Free mineral water was available. The TV has English news, German, Italian, French and local channels. The internet is about £10 per 24 hours and is a good speed. Tea and coffee ironing board are available in the room. The breakfast is good and varied. The restaurant evening menu is good but expensive for the Country. Try local places in the centre, only 10-15 mins walk. There is a spa in the hotel-sauna, pool and gym are free. Staff are very friendly, speak good English and helpful.

Airport is about 15 mins taxi-taxis are reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TeamPitts
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear TeamPitts,

Thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia.

I was happy to read your detailed review and to see that you were satisfied with the hotel services and facilities.

As we strive to maintain a consistent level of Hilton hospitality, we highly value the feedback of our guests. Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back under our roof!

Hilton Sofia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a property that was built around 2001. It has ok rooms. Nothing fancy but is fine with ample space. The bathroom has a tub and a shower, big big plus. The bathroom however looks a bit outdated.
Breakfast is fine.
Has a gym with about 8-10 machines. There is also a swimming pool...but i would call it a big bath tub. Not possible to swim in it.
The highlight of the hotel is clearly the friendly faces of the hotel.Everybody was very smiley and helpful. A MUST to see in the hotel are the female twins working on the front desk. Silvia and Gergana. Amazingly beautiful women and they are twins and very nice indeed.

Hotel location could be a bit better if u plan on walking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank GPeto

Dear GPeto,

Thank you for taking the time to post this positive review on TripAdvisor site.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our newly refurbished rooms.

Last year we renovated the fitness centre as well and now we are more than happy to offer these facilities to our guests. Unfortunately the size of the relaxing pool is subject to architectural limitations and we will not be able to enlarge it in the near future.
I was glad to find out that you remained very happy with the service of our team members – your comments are highly appreciated and will motivate us to perform better and better!
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof for your next and hopefully immaculate Hilton Sofia experience.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for business for two nights. Very comfortable room, well equipped with a variety of TV channels.
The breakfast was included in the deal, very complete wide choice all very fresh, even eggs cooked on order. The bar had a variety of drinks and easy to eat food, the service was very good.
Although not all staff members were native english speakers, I was impressed by their english communication skills.
What I really liked was the Belgian Beer Happy Hour in the Bar,.... this added to the other points did make me feel 'at home".
For sure, a place to return if my job or leisure time brings me to Sofia again.

1  Thank Rudi Dominique P

Dear RudifromBelgium,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Sofia experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments to the team members as this will further motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton Sofia was a great choice for our leisure visit to Sofia. The hotel is located relatively close to the center of Sofia and it is very close to a metro station. As a HHilton member, I had access to the lounge for breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvre and drinks. One major plus is that they provide use of bicycles for up to three hours free of charge. They even provide helmets and safety vests. I took advantage of this fact and was able to get around the city quickly and effectively.

They have a nice gym with a great pool area that includes heated pool water, saunas and steam rooms. The staff was friendly and they provided information on the local area as requested.

Warning on airport scam: use the taxi post at the airport to arrange your ride to the Hilton. A taxi ride to the Hilton should cost about 15 Lev (BGN) which is roughly $10 (US). There were some aggressive taxi operators that approached us as soon as we walked out of the secure airport area. They were trying to get us to go with them and they wanted to charge us between 25-50 Euro’s for the same trip. Bulgaria is not part of the Euro currency union. Make sure you pay in Lev.

If you are traveling to Bulgaria from the U.S., inform your bank if you plan to withdraw money using your ATM. My bank blocked my ATM transactions because of security concerns. I travel all over the world and this is the first time my bank’s fraud protection feature was activated. When I called my bank (using Skype) they informed me that Bulgaria has a high bank/credit card fraud. It took me more than 24hrs to get access to money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fpina105
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear fpina105,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions from staying at the Hilton Sofia.

It was a real pleasure for me to see that the hotels facilities and the service provided by our team made your trip a pleasant experience. Such positive comments further motivate me and my team to maintain the high level of service we provide for our guests.

We would be really glad to be your preferred choice for your future visits in Bulgaria.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for the kind comments and will be looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof, soon

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Reservations: simple and easy on line using Hotels.com
Check-in and Check-out: friendly efficient and welcoming, in easily understood English.
Room: spotless, modern, well furnished, with flat screen TV, excellent channel choice, comfortable bed, great linens, nice lighted closet, desk, huge bathroom with great shower, towels, and bath products. Having a tub and a separate shower stall was fabbie.
Wireless Internet: fast and reliable AND free with my reservation.
Exercise room: included in hotel price. Cardio and some weights and machines, plus a nice spa area.
Bonus points: as I was on the executive level a wonderful buffet breakfast, free snacks, and fantastic wine, cheese, fruit, nuts, and warm and cold appetizers were served every afternoon and early evening.
Location: close to downtown and airport, although it is about 1/2 mile to the old city center.

Room Tip: Splurge on the executive level room.
3  Thank Tackle

Dear Tackle,

Thank you for posting this detailed review on TripAdvisor.

It was a real pleasure to read your positive comment - please rest assured that I will share it with the team as this will further motivate them to keep up the good work they are doing in making our guests feel valued and cared for.
Once again, thank you for your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel great location to The National Culture Palace where we were "doing" a gig. Very nice hotel and the staff very pleasant. A mention for the nice lady who checked us out and organised a taxi,
give her promotion, hotels need people like her. We enjoyed the executive room.
Nice bar area and again good bar-staff. Overall if we went back to Sofia this is where we would stay.

Room Tip: book an executive room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear tthefourthcord,

Thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia.
It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with the services of our team members, and especially the check out process – we will do our best to keep up the good work.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Travelling at least 2 times every month I enjoy the high quality of services. Large and bright rooms with modern furniture, fast WiFi and an indoor swimming pool. The most important and the biggest difference is the high standards and the professionalism on the staff, for over 10 years I enjoy my stays and feel safe and comfortable as in my home

Dear grigoris63,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton Sofia and for sharing your nice experience on TripAdvisor.

It is great that you are our guest for more than 10 years and feel comfortable with us.

I am proud of the Hilton Sofia team and it is extremely rewarding to hear from a guest that they really make a difference.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on many more visits to come!