The Hilton Sofia was a great choice for our leisure visit to Sofia. The hotel is located relatively close to the center of Sofia and it is very close to a metro station. As a HHilton member, I had access to the lounge for breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvre and drinks. One major plus is that they provide use of bicycles for up to three hours free of charge. They even provide helmets and safety vests. I took advantage of this fact and was able to get around the city quickly and effectively.
They have a nice gym with a great pool area that includes heated pool water, saunas and steam rooms. The staff was friendly and they provided information on the local area as requested.
Warning on airport scam: use the taxi post at the airport to arrange your ride to the Hilton. A taxi ride to the Hilton should cost about 15 Lev (BGN) which is roughly $10 (US). There were some aggressive taxi operators that approached us as soon as we walked out of the secure airport area. They were trying to get us to go with them and they wanted to charge us between 25-50 Euro’s for the same trip. Bulgaria is not part of the Euro currency union. Make sure you pay in Lev.
If you are traveling to Bulgaria from the U.S., inform your bank if you plan to withdraw money using your ATM. My bank blocked my ATM transactions because of security concerns. I travel all over the world and this is the first time my bank’s fraud protection feature was activated. When I called my bank (using Skype) they informed me that Bulgaria has a high bank/credit card fraud. It took me more than 24hrs to get access to money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sofia has the perfect location in the heart of the city, opposite the Sofia Congress Centre (National Palace of Culture), surrounded by the South Park and overlooking the Vitosha Mountain. Hotel guests are near the commercial district and government offices. Boutiques, restaurants and nightclubs are within walking distance, while Sofia International Airport lies 13 km to the east, an approximate 20 minute transfer. With 245 rooms on 8 floors, equipped with the most modern in-room facilities, dedicated Executive Floors and cozy Executive Lounge, Health Club with in-door pool and 24/7 Fitness by Precor, Hilton Sofia is the perfect choice of the modern traveler. Spacious, stylish and modern venues, resplendent with natural light, provide you with an unparalleled environment in which to work and relax. From the multifunctional business facilities to the creative food service at Seasons Restaurant and Artists Bar: enjoy the Hilton Sofia experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sofia Hotel Sofia
- Hilton International Sofia
- Sofia Hilton International