“Splendid inSofia”
Review of Hilton Sofia

Ranked #3 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Working in next-door Serbia, I decided to take a weekend break in Sofia. I have stayed in many Hilton properties worldwide - and this one did not disappoint.
From the excellent navigation skills through the Byzantine(!) labyrinth of central Sofia calmly and patiently delivered by Martin (Trainee), to the superb massage given by Jenni (sp?) in the spa... spotless room, above average breakfast buffet, drinks in the Executive Lounge ( very helpful staff on duty ..) what to say?

My 9th floor room overlooked central Sofia and I relaxed with a cup of tea watching the sun strike the gold domes of multiple houses of worship liberally scattered throughout the city. The location is perfect for a short walk to and strolling along Vitosha Blvd.
I would certainly stay at this Hilton again when in Sofia

Room Tip: 9th floor (Executive Floor) has superb views of central Sofia.Rooms are quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
jbrune, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear xerxes100,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions from staying at the Hilton Sofia.

Please, rest assured that it is always our aim and ambition to offer our guests the highest standard in quality and service. Therefore, I am very happy to learn about your great satisfaction with our performance, especially in terms of Executive Floor experience and team members services.
Once again, on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for the kind comments and will be looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof, soon

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sofia

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have married in July in Sofia and decided to have just wedding party somewhere is Sofia or surroundings.
We had huge problems finding the right place for party since we tried to avoid classical traditional weddings.
Finally we meet Katja Kovacheva from Hotel Hilton and she was very helpful to make a choice.

We had great party end of September in Hotel Hilton, restaurant Seasons!! Food was excellent, Rosen and his service team were great. We had a bit higher requirements for serving alcohol but we managed to finalize the party as planned.

Thank you Katja, Rosen and team in Hotel Hilton for helping us survive our important night!!

Mariya&Marko

Room Tip: Nobody was complaining because of loud music so I believe that there is no reason to book a room far...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marko B

Dear Mariya&Marko,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Sofia for this so special event – your wedding!
I was happy to learn that we managed to meet your expectations and you had a great party.
I will forward your comments to the team, especially to Rosen and Katia.
Thank you once again for the nice words and looking forward to host your next happy occasion.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

HIlton Sofia

Stayed in the executive level (floor 9) and room was large. Room had a king sized bed a quiet a/c unit and free wireless and wired internet. Mini bar and hot water kettle along with 2 free bottels of water and 1 bottle of spring water. Bathroom had large shower along with seperate tub.
Executive level has access to the executive room on floor one that also has free wireless internet and breakfast is served till 10:30 am. Note***if your flight leaves before the breakfast is served call the night before and they will provide a to go breakfast. The executive level also has snack and drinks available all day ...along with a printer so you can print out your boarding pass.
The hotel provides free bike rental. A park is located behind the hotel.
A cab from the sofia airport to the hilton should cost no more then 10 lev.
The hotel is located at the end of a walking street and is a easy walk to the main attractions. You can also take a cab for around 4 lev.
Sofia airport hasd a crazy security line and it took almost hour and a half to get thru make sure you leave plenty of time as many people try to cut the lines.
We took a shared van from the main cathedral to rila monestary for the day for 50 lev each.
Fitness room was nice and had a indoor pool.

Room Tip: executive level is worth the extra cost . Make sure to get room facing the park.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grayce_The_Super_Cat

Dear Grayce_The_Super_Cat,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hilton Sofia!

I was happy to read your detailed positive review.

It is extremely rewarding to receive so nice feedback from a guest.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back under our roof.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been staying at this property for six years. Each year I make four short weekend trips to Sofia and have always stayed at Hilton Sofia.

Checkin and checkout have always been very efficient and as a Hilton Gold I have often received an upgrade to the executive floor with access to the lounge on the first floor.

The rooms are small but clean and quiet and the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are spotlessly cleaned everyday. I do use the gym and the sauna at least two of the three days I stay. The gym together with the rest of the property was renovated recently and includes brand new equipment.

The restaurant, bar and the executive lounge have good food and the staff is always very friendly and helpful.

Overall, this is an excellent property and the very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful managers and workers do their best to make me feel at home!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jbrune, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear fmvinny,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Sofa for your trip to Bulgaria and sharing your experience in Trip advisor.

I was happy to learn that our hotel is your preferred choice for a stay in Sofia.

As our aim is to provide top quality service to all our guests, it was good to see that we met your expectations.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I moved over to Sofia to work, I was accommodated in the Hilton until such times I found an apartment. I stayed at the hotel was 15 nights, in this time I felt very at home, the staff were outstanding and even after one day used my name.
The facilites in the hotel were outstanding and catered for every need. the bedroom was well apointed and very clean and comfortable.
The menu choice in the restaurant and bar was really good and tasty.
I would give it definetly 5 stars.
I felt sad to check out

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MedinaAirdrie

Dear MedinaAirdrie,
I would like to thank you for letting others know of your wonderful experience at the Hilton Sofia.
I would like to assure you that it is our priority to make sure our guests are valued and cared for.
And it is extremely rewarding to receive such feedback from a guest, thank you very much.
Looking forward to welcoming you back under our roof,

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Checkin was fast and friendly. As usual asked for a quiet room which I also was given. Was also given access to Executive lounge. Staff were all attentive and service minded.

Room was fairly spacious and in good condition having a comfortable bed.

WIFI was both fast and stable. Still I find it negative that hotel charge for WIFI although I had it for free having HH Gold status.

Had breakfast in the Executive lounge which was both good and adequate. Did not try the evening canapes or drinks.

Location of the hotel is where all the sites are as you need to walk around 15 mins to get there.

All in all a good stay and I would definetely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear MustaPekka,

Thank you for posting your nice comments on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your detailed review, I was happy that my team members succeed to provide you with high standard services.

Thank you once again for your positive review, I would be really glad to be your preferred choice for your future visits in Bulgaria.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Sofia in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Hilton Hotel in Sofia is perfectly accsessible by bus and train. The Lobby ist well lightet looks as friendly as modern, it has about the feel of a huge winter garden. Altough they are pretty small, the rooms are clean and very well equipped, while the bathroom could be a little bit more luxeriously. The Spa Area is tidy and offers a door to the terrace. A really yummy breakfast is included in the huge hotel area too. As well a nice shopping mall as the downtown area are reachable well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
jbrune, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Andi B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure for me to note that you remained satisfied with the hotel facilities and the service provided by our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Hilton Sofia for your future trips to Bulgaria.