“Nice, but expensive”
Review of Hilton Sofia

Ranked #3 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

A luxury hotel with an ok location, not optimal for downtown. The service and rooms were adequate, was expecting more for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank miseno
jbrune, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us via TripAdvisor. We were glad to find out that you enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience and remained almost happy with the hotel location and facilities.

I am sorry you don’t feel you received value for money during your stay – my team and I take great pride in the service, comfort and hospitality we provide our guests. Our guest feedback is generally very positive and we have consistently been rated one of Sofia’s top hotels on Trip Advisor.
We believe that, for the level of service and comfort we provide, we do offer value for money.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof, soon!

Jacques Brune

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The staff could not be better. They are friendly, helpful, accommodating, and fast. The hotel conditions are generally nice, although it seemed like the carpet in the room had not been vacuumed for some time and the grout in the bathroom could use some scrubbing. Overall though, I'd say that the rooms (and bathrooms) were quite clean and comfortable.

The gym is quite nice too. The restaurant in the hotel is bizarrely expensive (over 3 times as much as good restaurants in that part of Sofia) and not worth the cost. The breakfast prices are insane.

All in all, it's a very nice place to stay, especially because of the excellent people at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your wonderful experience at the Hilton Sofia.

I was glad to find out that you enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience and remained very happy with the hotel facilities, guestroom ambiance and the service of our team members – your comments are highly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Hilton Sofia has a good part and a bad part, the good is it is a Hilton and that means good quality rooms and all this staff, but on the other hand, there is this: The park outside is not guarded and you have to pay tp leave your car there this is nonsense because what you pay is astronomic for Bulgarian standards and not guarded? see the picture, they have a pool but it is more a big jacuzzi, and the breakfast is ridiculous, not enougth place to seat and thes guests are required to carry the breakfast all the way through a large corridor passing the elevators, this is crazy, for what you are paying, they charge for wifi also, you can get it for free just a couple of meters away in the cafe next to the park outside. Not so good.

Room Tip: the rroms are quite good.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Eusko
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here for a week on business. The Hilton Sofia has several things to recommend it. As with most Hiltons, it is clean and well-maintained. Customer service was excellent; every employee I encountered greeted me. The business floors (8th and 9th) were quiet and although the rooms were probably the same size as non-executive rooms, they seem to have upgraded amenities (bathrobe and slippers, for example). The executive lounge unfortunately is not co-located with the executive rooms, it is down on the first floor, but it was well-stocked. The fitness room had three working treadmills, free weights, and a number of other machines. There was a small indoor pool and spa which I did not use.
Breakfast in the exec lounge was a peaceful contrast to the regular dining room on mornings when it was crowded with a large tour group. Later in the day there were plentiful snacks and fruit, beer, wine and soft drinks, and a wider array of hot and cold items around dinner-time, enough for a meal.
The best thing about Gold-level membership, however, was the complementary airport shuttle to and from the hotel. In countries like Bulgaria where one can be reluctant to use airport taxis (for fear of being overcharged), this is a huge benefit. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your detailed feedback and I would like to thank you very much for for the loyalty to our brand.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience, especially the Hilton Honors benefits and the services of our team.

We hope that your travel plans will include Sofia again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed in the 9th floor, Business, and the room was good. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia. It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with the services and facilities in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here for three nights in September, and very much enjoyed the hotel.

I had a very comfortable room with a nice corner window looking out to the south (over mount Vitosha) and the west (a not so impressive McDonalds). Room size was standard but with a large bathroom (good shower) and also a separate bath.

The hotel is in a good location, easily accessible from the Airport via taxi, and a short walk (15 minutes easy walk to the town centre).

All hotel staff friendly from the reception to the bars, restaurant, pool and concierge.

Breakfast was excellent, with a wide choice of hot and cold food and some fantastic natural clotted yogurt and acompanying honey dripping straight from the beehive honyeycomb. Excellent service (except the off-milk on table on the first day)

I booked early and got a very good room price, which made the drinks prices seem even more expensive (upto x4 rates in local standard bars), but not a surprise for a Hilton.

The only slight downsides was the airport transfer price was slightly expensive by comparison to local taxi prices booked away from the hotel and when I arranged for a taxi from the hotel (twice) the driver seemed reluctant to turn on his meter (presumably on the basis he though he would get a better deal from me than the official taxi rates), but I suppose this is to some extent outside the hotels control?.

Overal an excellent rating from me for the price paid and the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarrenHenman
jbrune, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review, highlighting the pleasant experience you enjoyed at Hilton Sofia.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with our services and facilities, espessialy with the friendliness of our team and the Hilton breakfast – we will do our best to keep up the good work.

I am glad that we have made it a stay to remember !

Looking forward to welcoming you back under our roof.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed.
I was there in August this year for a long weekend.
The rooms are nice, clean and big. The breakfast is delicious. Everybody are trying to help you and to make you feel at home.
I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and nice comments.
We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Sofia and remained highly satisfied with our services and facilities!

Looking forward to welcoming you back under our roof.