“Excellent location, helpfull staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel

Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Sofia
Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent location, helpfull staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is located in the very centre of Sofia very close to the main metro station Serdika or the Vitosha Boulevard, the main shopping street in Sofia. Is is situated in an old building that used to be a Communist Party HQ, think of wide marble staircases, chandeliers, spacious lobbies on each floor. Just note that they removed the word Sheraton from the sign on the roof. It just says Sofia Hotel Balkan.
The airport is about 15 - 20 minutes.
The double room was on a smaller side for a five-star hotel. We had a room facing the inner courtyard - presidential palace and the Rotunda of St George built in the 4th century. Nice and quiet.
There is a free wi-fi that works just fine.
Every member of the staff we met was friendly with the single exception of a waiter we met during our breakfast.
There is a night club in the hotel (be ready to be approached if you are single) and a casino.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for the time taken to fill out your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your warm comments are more than impressive and I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our best in order to fulfill and indeed exceed your expectations.

I would like to assure you that corrective action has already been taken regarding your remarks about the staff attitude on breakfast. Here at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel we strive daily to meet and exceed all guests’ expectations.

One more time thanks for you high appreciation and rest assured that we look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Athanasios Pantazis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Bit of faded luxury to be had in a fairly central location. Rooms over heated as usual for this part of the world but a handy balcony door with a good security lock while ajar sorted that out. But sort out the madly confusing array of lifts. Nice staff and good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments through Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that we have failed to fulfill your expectation about service and facilities in our hotel. In regards to your comments, I would like to kindly inform you that I have discussed your remarks in details with the concerned departments and let me assure you that corrective action has been taken accordingly.

Finally together with my deepest apologies I would like you to consider giving us another chance when you decide to return to Sofia. Rest assured that next time we eill make it up for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it's a bit old and needs some updating but overall - excellent night sleep, staff are good, price is reasonable. Don't really understand people complaining - it is Bulgaria after all and for the price you have paid I can't really get the whinging.
It is not Burj Al Arab and doesn't pretend to be. You can't go wrong with staying here and that's the simple fact.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Abood A
Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you, for sharing your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

It is through responses like yours that we ca evaluate our services and I thank you once more!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is located in central Sofia just outside of the main metro station, Serdika. Note, the name Sheraton is not displayed on the hotel, it is called the Balkan Hotel instead. It is very easy to walk to everything from the hotel and the tram also runs outside of the hotel. The only downside was the bed was so hard, it was difficult to sleep. I would not let this stop you from choosing this hotel because everything else about it was great. There is a casino in the hotel for those that want something to do all night and there is a street with food options to the left of the hotel entrance and lovely historical buildings behind the hotel. There are even Roman ruins located about 50 meters from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to share with you that I am really happy to see you have enjoyed your stay with us and the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

Your valuable comments will help us to improve on even more our standards and of course our facilities.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for last two months and I will be here for one more month. I love this hotel and I recommend everyone who comes in Sofia to stay here and enjoy there best in business services provided by their completely dedicated staff.

Room Tip: You can choose from a variety of rooms depending upon your budget.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KunalKedia
Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you, for sharing your thoughts about the services and facilities experiences during your stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I am very preased to see thet you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My best friends' wedding was in Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan last year. Everything was well-organized. The stuff was very helpful and kind. The location of the hotel is great, it is next to the most important institutions of Bulgarian government such as - Council of Ministers, President's office, National bank, etc. The rooms are big and clean. Of course the food was 5-star cooked and delicious. Fantastic hotel, which made my friends' wedding unforgettable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and feelings regarding your memorable stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services and I thank you once more. Let me assure you that your sincere and kind comments have already been shared between all our team members.

Thank you for your kind words!

Kfar Saba, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

nice hotel, very good location, very good service. Nice view to the historical garden,
The hotel is very clean also the room is large and clean.
very good food in the mornining. Nice bar and the price arr good. I did not like the food at dinner.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your valuable comments will help us to improve on even more our standards.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Athanasios Pantazis