“Perfect hotel to enjoy your stay”

Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #20 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very good hotel in the center of Sofia, very close to every sightseeing you need to go. Rooms are clean and tidy. The stuff friendly with the willingness to solve every problem that appears. The prices are reasonable for the quality that provides. I always recommend it!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time taken to share such a positive impressions from your recent stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan and to assure you that we very much appreciate your comments.

We are thankful that you choose to stay with us and we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time when your travels bring you to Sofia.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a good stay, except for one little problem. When we checked in, the staff member at reception intimated that breakfast was included when she told us what time breakfast was. Normally, when breakfast is not included, they tell explicity state it is not, and try to sell you the service. The one day we went to eat breakfast, we found out it was NOT included, and were a little shocked at the hefty price tag (about $80 for two people).

Everything else was fine. Prices for some services are a little exorbitant, and I'm not sure I would stay here again if it were not a good deal on my Starwood points (4K a night).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments through Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that it was not clarified in a clear way during your reservation and your arrival that the price for the breakfast was not included in the room price and let me assure you that a detailed corrective action is already been implemented.

I am sorry about the problem that you experienced with our breakfast and that the members of our staff have not fulfilled your expectations.

Finally together with my deepest apologies I would like you to consider giving us another chance when you decide to return to Sofia. Rest assured that next time we will make it up for you.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Maybe my 10th stay during the last year in this hotel. The location could not be better, centrally located with everything you need nearby. Cafes, restaurants, shops and off course, Vitosha street right in front of the hotel. Rooms and all areas pretty clean, staff is friendly, breakfast is great. What I enjoyed the most was the cake and the wine found in my room on my birthday. Not in an age that birthday should be a celebration but Sheraton does know how to treat its guests.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

We are thankful that you chose to stay with us, and I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time your travels bring you to Sofia.

One more time thanks for you high appreciation and rest assured that we look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

On behalf of all of out team, allow me to wish you once more
Happy Birthday!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice hotel, in the center o Sofia, very good conditions, room cleanliness is very good. Breakfast is for everyone.
The reception staff is very polite and helpful but could be a bit more flexible when the client has suggestions.
Water pipes are pretty loud and if you have early risers neighbours you might wake up earlier then you want.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear. Rooms from the street are noisy.
1  Thank Cip_of_TIf

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you, for sharing with us your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan. Your valuable comments will contribute to our team’s ongoing efforts to monitor and improve our service standards and help us in our continuous search for excellence.

I would like to note you that we already took into consideration your comments, especially about our flexibility in our Front Office.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay with us. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time your travels bring you to Sofia.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is centrally located. You have direct access to the most important institutions and landmarks of the capital. The rooms are clean and tidy. The staff was always friendly, smiling and helpful. Excellent hotel at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank StavrosAm

Dear Valued Guest

Through responses like yours we can evaluate our services and since every day we strive to exceed all of our customer’s expectations I thank you once more for your positive feedback.

In our hotel we strive daily for excellent customer care and through very intensive staff training we aim to consistently exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

Let me assure you that your sincere and kind comments have already been shared between all our team members.

Thank you for posting your comments through Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay at this property regularly, at least once a year. The staff is courteous and very helpful. My Starwood status and regular visits earned me a good standing and they always try to accommodate my wish to stay in room 539. This little detail makes me feel appreciated and welcomed.
On my current stay one of my bags was lost by the airline and the hotel staff offered to keep it for a few days if it had arrived while I was away. Luckily for me the bag arrived the same evening, but it was a nice touch.
I am staying at Sheraton Hotel Balkan next weekend for 3 days and really looking forward to this.
While rooms are small, beds and amenities are really high quality, much better than higher rated Starwood properties.

Room Tip: Great location and starting point for exploring Sofia.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tsvet73

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts concerning your experience at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan through Trip Advisor.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The building is older and "traditional" in feel. The location is great however. Walking to shopping and cultural sites. Many shops, churches, sites to visit close by. The lobby bar with traditional music playing, is a great place to have a drink after work or days sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013