“Great location and great service.”

Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #18 of 135 Hotels in Sofia
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Hotel is in an excellent location, and the rooms are first class.
Shame that the hotel has no internal outdoor areas to relax in. Mini bar prices are out of this world, even by 5 star hotel standards.

• Stayed: April 2011
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for sharing with us your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan. Your valuable comments will contribute to our team’s ongoing efforts to monitor and improve our service standards and help us in our continuous search for excellence.

I would like to note you that we already took into consideration your comments. Therefore, please be kindly advised that we are currently in process of revising all our prices.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay with us. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time your travels bring you to Sofia.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I spent again another night in Sheratn Sofia and I can confirm my very positive opinion on this hotel. Location is very central , services OK, fitness center very good, staff is dedicated and polite, helpinmg also with smaller things.
Price is extremely good if you can find a good corportate rate compared with the overall quality of the hotel.
only a small remark/suggestion : choice for brakfast can be improved.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay again in our hotel and to express my great pleasure reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

In reference with your suggestion about our breakfast variety, I would like to assure that I have already paid a very special attention regarding your comment and I fully believe that next time when your travels bring you to Sofia we will meet your expectations.

Thank you once again for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcome you again at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 30, 2011

The hotel is indeed well located in the centre of the town, backing on to the Presidential building and surrounding a Roman site. The hotel building inside has been well restored and is spacious and well proportioned. Its lightness softness the mass of marble into a harmonious whole. Breakfast offered a wide choice of food and the service was good, but it was the reception that offered outstanding service: always polite and welcoming, helpful efficient and willing to solve problems. The contrast with the rather surly service elsewhere might be considered to prejudice this judgement, but in fact it was simply good service, as it should be. The conference facilities were good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to share with you that I am really happy to see you have enjoyed your stay with us and the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

Your valuable comments will help us to improve on even more our standards.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Few people probably choose to visit Sofia, but if you find yourself there, this is the place to stay. Grand and international, but retaining enough eastern European oddity to make it interesting. Including a pole dancing club in the basement, which is a bit weird for a Sheraton!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank frequentfiler

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time taken to share such a positive impressions from your recent stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan and to assure you that we very much appreciate your comments.

We are thankful that you choose to stay with us and we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan next time when your travels bring you to Sofia.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed here on our second trip to Sofia, Bulgaria. This is a very nice, comfortable hotel. We had great service, the staff was extremely courteous and very helpful with local information. If you are looking for an upscale deluxe hotel in Bulgaria, this is it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you, for sharing your thoughts about the services and facilities experienced during your stay at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services and I thank you once more.

We look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Gerasimos Perdikaris,

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is an unexpectedly grand hotel in perfect location which has literally nothing to envy from the similar palatial style famous hotels of Europe. Imposing socialistic 50s architecture, opulent interiors, an amazing bed (one of the best i have tried!!), impeccable service. I advise you to do the guided tour to Philipoupolis, arranged efficiently by the super polite and helpful concierge. Room service was fast and food was consistently of high quality. Not to miss the 4th century chapel in the back yard!!! My only advise for improvement would be the quality of breads and viennoiseries in the breakfast...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you for your time taken to write such a positive comments regarding your stay with us and to extend the greetings from all here at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our team members was helpful and exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Gerasimos Perdicaris

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have stayed in the Sheraton in Sofia many times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. Being a Platinum member with SPG has many rewards which the staff at this hotel takes very seriously. Having stayed at all of the major hotels in Sofia, this is by far the best and I will continue to stay here every time I am in town. Prior to this trip I stayed at this hotel in July 2010 and right at check-in they remembered me and chatted for a few minutes.

The Pro:
The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with any issue or task.
Room service is very good.
Convenient location

The 50/50....is the location. Great to be right downtown but a little difficult when driving around the hotel or locating parking. The hotel has it's own parking but depending on who is staying at the hotel...there may not be parking available. I've stayed in the hotel when two foreign presidents were staying at the same time which resulted in no parking at the hotel and metal detectors when checking in.

Cons:
None. I love the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments about the services and facilities at the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Your positive comments will stimulate our staff to maintain and even elevate the excellent quality of service and I thank you once more.

We look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Gerasimos Perdikaris,