“Lots of Fun!”

Sofia Pub Crawl Tour of The Hidden Unique Bars
Ranked #1 of 101 Nightlife in Sofia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: YOU CAN PAY CASH ON THE SPOT! The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms; instead, you will hear different stories about the places visited and meet other tourists from all over the world. Therefore, a nice international evening with a lot of chatting is guaranteed. The event costs 20 lv. and includes some free drinks at most of the places. Every location has its own style and is worth visiting it. You would not find these places on your own or just would´t dare to go in.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Being a solo traveler doesn't usually allow you to experience the nightlife, but the Sofia pub crawl was a great way to meet other travelers as well as locals, and to experience the bar scene. My group visited five bars and we got to try a variety of drinks, including rakija, but the best part were the fantastic hosts and the other travelers I got to meet. This pub crawl was an absolute blast, and I regret that I haven't found more tours like it in other cities.

1  Thank run4cover9
in 5 reviews
"eastern europe"
"interesting history"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"great tour"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed April 22, 2012

A visiting person would never be able to find these local haunts without Danny and his crew. Without the annoyance of dozens becoming obliterated we were able to find out of the way locations that were really fun and unique. The conversation was good, the pace was perfect, and the locations were at once both unexpected and welcome. This tour is not for those looking for loud and smokey rooms, instead expect some things dark alleyways, and an ex Sudanese Embassy, Don't worry, if your taste is more night clubs with dancing that is worked into the tour as well. Just make sure when you get the "Apartment" that you ask for the raspberry wine. Come with questions about Sofia/Bulgaria and you will find the tour guides willing and able to engage with everything.

1  Thank 2JamisonR
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is not your typical get drunk pub crawl; this pub crawl is what all pub crawls should aspire to be taking you to unique pubs in Sofia that a tourist or even some locals do not know about. The hosts are very personable and give you some great tidbits of knowledge on Sofia and Bulgaria. This pub crawl is a MUST for any trip to Sofia because they do take you off the beaten path for a truly unique experience.
A con, there really is none. They are always searching for new places to take groups and feel out the vibe of the crowd to decide which place to end the evening, they run a great tour!

1  Thank TheTraveller1522
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Traveling alone can be lonely at times. Especially in a country where you don't know the language and you can't read the writing! When I was researching what to do in Sofia, I came across the New Sofia Pub Crawl and added it to my list of things to do.

In my uncertainty, I actually debated whether or not I should go. My flight into Sofia that day was in the morning so I had been up for quite a while and was concerned that going out on the town might be a little too much for me to handle. There was no need to be concerned!

The pub crawl is EXACTLY what I needed. Danny and Nadia were fantastic guides who took us to some very cool places that I would not have found nor had the guts to go to by myself.

The crawl meets up at Crystal Park at 9pm and then walks to 5 different bars/pubs/clubs over the course of the night. We started at a great little place called Alcohol where we sat and got to know everyone a little better with beers bought by the tour before heading onward. The second place may have been my favorite. It was a small, dark, pub called Hambara. You would never find it on your own and it was only lit by candles. This was where we got our first taste of rakyia. Next we made our way to The Apartment which is an interesting bar housed in a 'house'. Definitely make your way to the kitchen to grab something to drink. After that we went to the Ale House where we all took our turn at pouring our own beer at the table top tap. Lastly we went to a club that I have no idea what the name was - possibly Mixtape or something like that.

All in all it was a great night, made even more awesome by the fact that Nadia game me a ride back to my hotel so that I didn't need to walk the 20+ minutes back at 1:30-2:00am.

If you do nothing else in Sofia, take this in. It's well worth the 20лв that it cost ($14-15US)! If you take it in on the first night it definitely makes you much more comfortable with the city.

7  Thank brwgrl