“Incredibly Tiny Church”

Sveta Petka Samardjiyska
Ranked #19 of 198 things to do in Sofia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Said to be the smallest church that is near the Sheraton Hotel. I am amused about the fact that its so tiny, just perfect for my small Asian frame. I lit a candle and opted to offer some prayer and be bewildered by the structure of it that it lasted for centuries. I loved the exterior but I’m not so sure of the interior. The priest there was kind and told us many stories that went though the minute church. I enjoyed listening to him talk about the old days and what it was said to be like before his time. I’m worried though that they might not be able to maintain the place because it was in the middle of a booming industry and location. The items inside were considered marked in history and we were told to not touch and move stuff. A must go attraction.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This church located near the Sheraton Hotel is the oldest in Bulgaria and probably one of the smallest as well. When inside you feel the years of history from the walls. You can seat and burn a candle s it is the only "attraction" there

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Worth a visit! It is easy to get to, free, and historical. Cozy. It's easy to imagine what old Sophia must've been like, what with the different ground levels of this church. What was once the roof is now at street level so most of the building is underground.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've been going to this church since 1973. Small, intimate, quite, very orthodox with beautiful frescos and icons

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is one of the cutest, smallest church I have been to. It is very old, and seems very fragile. But you can feel the energy inside. On a cold, rainy day, you can sit inside near the altar lit with warm candles.