“very nice place but very spicy!!!!”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 1,096 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With ours 15 years of existence we will offer you our deep knowledge in the art of the indian cuisine. Our experienced cooks Chandra Kandel, Bisnhnu Kandel and Kuldeep can prepare every dish, based on YOUR requirements. The restaurant is situated in the centre of Sofia in a monument house near Alexander Nevski Cathedral.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

nice building locating near the cathedral Alexander Nevski.
the staff welcome you very well.
a large choice of dishes with a rate to tell you if it's spicy or not.
the salad was nice (salad tandori) after I decided to go for the spicy chicken and then if you want to take it you have to be ready for very hot dish!
nice atmosphear, amazing bread
a very nice moment, you even forget you are in Bulgaria for a while

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am not really into spicy food, but this restaurant won me over. Everything we ordered was so delicious that I started to reconsider my previous doubts about spicy kitchen. That staff was really helpful with the menu and they were very friendly and polite. The place is really cozy and relaxing. To sum it up - Taj Mahal restaurant is one of my favorite places in Sofia and I highly recommend it to everyone!

1  Thank Iana A
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I love this place! Great kitchen and service! You should try tika masala, nan, yogurt desert, etc.
My favorite dish is a yellow lent and salad wih beans.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you like exotic food or trying new things, this is the place to go. They have a variety of choices, amazing desserts and a menu with specialties. My personal favourite is Rogan Josh - lamb dish and rice. You definitely won't regret visiting, because most of all, the atmosphere is amazing.

1  Thank Rositza M
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is the perfect place to eat dinner/ have a drink with friends. The food is very delicious- especially the indian bread and the tandooris and the sevice is excellent.
The most impressive in the restaurant is its authentic atmosphere. The restaurant is suitable for romantic dinners also.
I don`t have any negative remarks. You should definitely visit this place.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Mariya F