“Best Indian Food in Sofia”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 1,021 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: With ours 15 years of existence we will offer you our deep knowledge in the art of the indian cuisine. Our experienced cooks Chandra Kandel, Bisnhnu Kandel and Kuldeep can prepare every dish, based on YOUR requirements. The restaurant is situated in the centre of Sofia in a monument house near Alexander Nevski Cathedral.
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Best Indian Food in Sofia”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

In my opinion, this still is the best indian restaurant in Sofia. The food is very authentic and good. I have a problem with their unprofessional service and the athmosphere of the restaurant.

If you order food from them for home, it shoudl be very good - that's what I always do.

• Visited November 2011

• Turkish first
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Expecting More”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

In an easy to reach location in Sofia, I was disappointed in the quality of the food and the price. The service and atmosphere were very good. The three dishes and the plain nan I had all tasted “over salted”. The two main dishes, Dal Makhni and Chicken Tikkka Masala, tasted the same. I expected different flavors and spices. It has also been the most expensive meal I have had in Sofia by about 25%. I would eat here again and I do recommend it but with the caveats as noted above.

• Visited May 2012
sofia
“Great atmosphere but a bit pricey”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

It's in my opinion the best Indian restaurant in sofia. I've enjoyed all the dishes I've had and the plce is very nice (especially 3rd floor). It's in the center and easy to reach. It has become a bit pricey recently.

1 Thank mar4ela
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Good food, but a little overpriced.”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Food is generally good, but expensive. I like Kohinoor restaurant better.

2 Thank Lucksss
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Try chiken Tikka Masala and nan with butter :)”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The best Indian restaurant in the city - you should try chicken Tikka Masala and chicken Korma and the Indian bread - nan with butter or with garlic. Only the salads are not really worthed. The con for me is that only the ground floor is for not smokers and it's not cozy at all.

1 Thank Monika A