“Great atmosphere but a bit pricey”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 1,139 Restaurants in Sofia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With ours 15 years of existence we will offer you our deep knowledge in the art of the indian cuisine. Our experienced cooks Chandra Kandel, Bisnhnu Kandel and Kuldeep can prepare every dish, based on YOUR requirements. The restaurant is situated in the centre of Sofia in a monument house near Alexander Nevski Cathedral.
Reviewed May 2, 2012

It's in my opinion the best Indian restaurant in sofia. I've enjoyed all the dishes I've had and the plce is very nice (especially 3rd floor). It's in the center and easy to reach. It has become a bit pricey recently.

1  Thank mar4ela

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Food is generally good, but expensive. I like Kohinoor restaurant better.

2  Thank Lucksss
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The best Indian restaurant in the city - you should try chicken Tikka Masala and chicken Korma and the Indian bread - nan with butter or with garlic. Only the salads are not really worthed. The con for me is that only the ground floor is for not smokers and it's not cozy at all.

1  Thank Monika A
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Desperate for an indian, so we decided to head off to the taj mahal with great expectations. Ordered few starters and 3 main dishes, staters all came cold and main dishes seemed like something out the box, avoid.

2  Thank Danish1001
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The menu had a lot of choices which are moderately priced. Surprisingly, the food was well prpepared and tasty. Quantity was plenty. The serving staff was very good and service was prompt. Separete rooms for smokers and non smokers. I will dine here again if I return to Sofia.