Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:30 PM

from $54.44
from $36.29
from $48.39
1,198 results
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes martin driver bulgaria trek route
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2019

I got to the suggested location on the back of Alexander N. Cathedral and waited in the parking lot... The bus never came... When I called they told me the bus left and it had been parked on a side street contrary to the indications provided in the ticket. Lost my time and the trip... and it was my last day in Sofia. Not recommended.

1  Thank the_charlie__ve__
AnnieKrumova, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2020

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for reviewing our services. Unfortunately, the facts pointed to your feedback are not how you describe them and this changes completely the situation.

First of all, during every booking, the customer is requested to give us the right phone number. Maybe the number you have provided was wrong. Due to that, on the previous day, you couldn't receive the SMS message to the customers with the GPS location of the meeting point and we couldn't reach you when the phone calling you after you didn't appear at the meeting point 5 minutes before departure.

Second, we operate an emergency line every morning from 08:30 a.m. We are happy to help customers reach the meeting point, but you only called us at 09:08, eight minutes after the departure of the bus at sharp 09:00.

In our previous communication, you have declared, that you are staying at the parking lot of the La Cathedrale Restaurant (where is the meeting point) long before 9 a.m. Аll of our buses are branded with the logo of Traventuria. We also had 2 drivers, 2 guides and 2 other colleagues, dressed in the uniform of Traventuria. On Monday we had 2 buses, departing from the meeting point and it is really doubtful that you failed to see them.

In the messages you sent us, you sent us a picture from the place you were staying at, but it's from the opposite side of the Cathedral and it is not even close to the parking lot of the restaurant "La Cathedrale".

After all of the facts, described above, we can not agree that you were at the meeting point (or near it) or that it is the fault of our company, that you didn't manage to do it on time for the meeting point. We kindly invite you to delete the review and join us again to experience the professionalism of our company and all of our staff members.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2019

A very small criticism: the journey (by comfortable minibus) from Sofia to Plovdiv takes nearly 2 hours each way - during which we saw some interesting countryside. We left at around 9am and returned at 5pm. The actual guided tour time was about 2½ hours, plus 1½ hours for lunch.
However, the walking tour was really interesting and Martin was a friendly, personable, knowlegeable guide with a good sense of humour and an excellent command of English. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2019
AnnieKrumova, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear customer,
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate the fact that you took the time to give us this feedback because we strongly believe that listening to customers is the only right way to growing up. We always aim at providing аll of the information about the tours we organize. On the website of Traventuria, we have announced the important information, what's good to know before you go, tour itineraries and etc. Unfortunately on the pages of our partners sometimes it's not possible to publish everything needed due to many reasons but mostly the type of the reservation system. We always advise customers to book straight via our website or to contact our support team, which will answer all the questions and provide all the information needed. I will be happy to see you joining other tours with us. We are looking forward to it!
Safe travels,

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Comfortable vehicle with WiFi
Pleasant guide Todov but I switched off after short time as too much information and stopping too often Avery stop start tour. Plovdiv nice place to visit for the 3 hours of the tour.

2  Thank tonypU9244DH
AnnieKrumova, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2019

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the tour to Plovdiv.

I want to ensure that all of our fleet is strictly followed by a GPS-tracking system. Stops, not included in the program, are carefully considered.

The tour guide always gives to the customer's information of different aspects as economics, history, culture, population, way of living and etc. in order to complete the picture of the landmark visited.

Please, kindly note that this page is dedicated to the work of Traventuria- our organization of the tour and the services provided - from the booking to your arrival at the drop-off point back in Sofia.

As much as I understand, you were happy with the work of our guide and the vehicle, but your disappointment is by no means a product of our work and we kindly invite you to remove it.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Honestly, I was not a fan of the Boyana church and the monastery was just ok. The monastery was ok but i felt like the Boyana church in itself was a scam. You had to pay 10 lev to enter for only ten minutes, you are not allowed to take pictures, and it was just a bunch of fading frescas on the walls ( a very common theme with the Bulgarian churches). Rila monastery was nothing spectacular or amazing. The only thing I enjoyed mostly about this trip was our tour guide Martin, who was knowledgeable, funny and engaging.

1  Thank sisieko
AnnieKrumova, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2019

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church. Despite your point of view, thousands of tourists remain impressed every day by them.

Rules about entrance and taking photos in Boyana church are not a subject of our work. These rules for visiting (that Traventuria has announced on the web page) are part of state policy concerning national historical sites. In case you have complaints about that, you can point them at the page of Boyana Church on TripAdvisor.

As much as I understand, you were happy with the work of our guide, but your disappointment is by no means a product of our work and we kindly invite you to remove it or point it at the right place.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

I definitely loved Rila, is an amazing place full of history. Our guide, Todor, had a very fluent english and had very good explanations for questions and the entire place details. He is funny and attentive to the needs of the group. Thanks Todor!
In my personal opinion I would skip or rush Boyana visit more, in order to have little more time in Rila, Boyana is small and has limited visitors restrictions, the guide and the responsible of the church give priority to groups, they urge to gather them and going in, but if you have a group that is distracted and not willing to hurry up you are losing time for Rila. Every group is different.
In Rila, I have read negative reviews because of the time for having food. Well you are paying to visit the Monastery not a restaurant, time yes is short of you plan to do both but it is described on the itinerary, for me it worked well, I was able to go up to the tower, buy souvenirs, visit the place and have a refreshing beer and snack and be on time back to the van. And back to Sofia where I had an evening tour which I arrived just in time!
I would suggest to take your own snacks in your backpack from your hotel if you want to have more time to visit the museums. I didn't enter the museums.
The van was comfortable, with AC, nice driving and mic to hear the explanations of our guide during the drive.
Definitely one of the most beautiful places I visited during my stay in Bulgaria, totally worth and a must if you visit this amazing country!

Date of experience: September 2019
AnnieKrumova, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2019

Dear Mireya,
Thank you for all the kind words and the detailed review! We are really grateful and proud that you value how amazing our country is and we are excited to know we had the chance to show you a little part of it! Todor is really happy that his work is valued from customers like you!
On behalf of all of us in the office, who try to run everything hassle-free for our customers- thank you for pointing that everything is described well in the program of the tour. We are doing hard work maximizing the information we give to our tourists in order to maximize and organize their day in the best possible way.
I am really glad and thankful for your review and I hope that you will have the chance to visit our amazing country again! We will prepare more adventures for you!
Safe travels,