Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $34.65
from $34.65
from $47.34
from $57.74
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip beautiful scenery bulgarian history recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Two days ago I finished an amazing 8-days snowshoeing tour in Vitosha and Rila mountains. It was a great experience. First, the organization was impeccable. Accommodations, transfers, food, tours etc. was very good organized and at a high level.
Second, special I have a special appreciation to our guide, Dimiter (Mitko) Samounev. He was very professional, patient, knowledgeable, and give us much more than I was expected. He explained to us the history of Bulgaria, advised for the best restaurants and SPA and all this in a very pleasant and friendly way. I highly recommend Mitko to anyone who wants to hike, snowshoeing or travel in any other way in Bulgaria.

1  Thank Leonid K
Reviewed February 11, 2019

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who loves the outdoors. I was part of a group of 8,and our guide was Mitko, who was most professional at all times. We had a busy schedule, up early every morning to make the most of the day. Mitko is an excellent, safe driver and a first-class navigator. He paced our walks to suit everyone. His knowledge of Bulgarian history greatly added to the trip, and he could not have been more helpful in answering all our questions. I thoroughly enjoyed the week.

2  Thank muireanndefreine
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

I am just back from an 8 days snow-shoeing trip of Traventuria, with Mitko (Dimiter) as the group guide. GREAT adventure! Amazing views from snow covered high altitude forests and mountain peaks, interesting country and wellcoming people to discover, tasty and diverse local food. All aspects of the trip were excellently taken care by Traventuria, from the nice hotels, the restaurants for dinners, the rented equipment and the itinery. But above all, the personsl touch and responsibility of Mitko our guide is what gave it a 5 stars experience- very informative about Bulgaria in general and the areas we visited speciffically, highly responsible for the group and while driving, and with a very friendly and patient attitude at all times. Ofcourse we all had few Raqyias (local drink) together, and even dancing together dressed in traditional clothing in a beautiful restaurant in a village near Bansko.
Highly recommended.
Enjoy!
Oded.

2  Thank oded o
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Three days ago I took the full-day tour to the Boyana Church and Rila Monastery with Todor, our wonderful guide, and three other travelers. Both sights were extraordinary, and Todor was extremely knowledgeable about every facet of both locations. He very patiently answered numerous questions, even on many topics having nothing to do with the church or monastery, so we learned a great deal about Bulgaria in general. He is easy-going, an excellent driver, and tailored the day to the needs of our small group. I had a delightful time!

Date of experience: January 2019
TraventuriaAdmin, Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Bella,
We highly appreciate your review. Our tour to Rila Monastery and Boyana Church is always more than just exploring two of the most famous Bulgarian UNESCO sites. The guides always include interesting facts about the way Bulgarians live nowadays and intriguing historical facts. Todor is also grateful for your review and he is sending your his greetings.
Kind regards,
Svetoslav

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Spectacular scenes as the snow was falling around Rila Monastery, a truely fascinating place. Boyana Church was also beautiful even my girlfriend who doesn’t like churches found it fascinating. Lubo our driver and guide was first class extremely enthusiastic and knowledgable. Highly recommended.