Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $35.20
from $35.20
from $46.90
from $32.80
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour small group group tour driver guide hiking trip private tour great trip beautiful country his knowledge great guide meeting point excellent tour sofia airport plovdiv
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

The tour starts out near the Nevski cathedral and returns to the same place. I chose Plovdiv because I was interested in the ancient ruins. The 2 hour bus ride in both directions is comfortable enough but there is very little to this tour. The tour guide gives us a walking tour of the old town and takes us to where the bus picks us up. We walked pass several historical houses and points of interest and we were given time to visit a very small church but this is not anything you cannot do on your own with a good google search. The cost for the bus ride (because that is all we really got) was 30€ 60LEV which I found to be pricey especially since you have to make your way from your hotel in both directions to the pickup point. It did not include even a bottle of water.
The tour guide was nice and very patient with people as a few strayed away from the group.
If you can find your way to Plovdiv on your own you can visit the old town and save yourself some money for a nice meal in the town...

Reviewed September 15, 2018

A friend and I booked a 2 day guided hike, The Seven Rila Lakes & Malyovitsa Peak ridge walk, through Traventuria. It was a bit pricey per person for just two people, but it was absolutely worth the money. It was an outstanding experience. Our guide, Todor Nedkov, picked us up at the apartment we were staying at in Sofia at 7:00 AM on the dot. Todor was incredibly generous, kind, and knowledgeable. We unfortunately didn't have the best weather (very, very foggy in the mountains, with rain in the afternoon and a risk of thunderstorms on the first day), so we had to rush a bit on the first day and shortened the hike on both days. Still, the landscape was absolutely stunning, and Todor worked with us to make the best plan considering the conditions. Once we reached the hut in the early afternoon on day 1, we were stuck inside the rest of the day with not much to do due to the rainy weather, so Todor gave us a Bulgarian history lesson, taught us some Bulgarian words, and helped us learn to read Cyrillic. On day 2, we skipped the Malyovitsa Peak because the thick fog would have obscured all of the views and instead hiked down a different route, stopping to see some of the herds of horses and pick wild blueberries, then descending through a beautiful forest. Since our shortened hike ended earlier than expected, Todor gave us some options to fill the rest of our afternoon, and ended up teaching us how to make the traditional pastry, banitsa. When he dropped us off at the train station, Todor went absolutely out of his way to help us change our train tickets to Varna, as I had inadvertently neglected to reserve a sleeping compartment for our overnight train trip. Despite the non-ideal weather, the hike was still absolutely the highlight of our 9 days in Bulgaria (although I loved everything we did!). Traventuria made it very easy to take on this challenging hike, giving me peace of mind that we would be safe and secure and simplifying my trip planning as they took care of all of the details. I would highly recommend using the company, as well as using Todor Nedkov as a guide.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Couldn’t be happier with the service we received from the staff in the office and the drivers. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I recently completed a 2 week custom trip with Traventuria and I can't rate this company highly enough. I took a group of friends and we wanted to see the highlights, while hiking our way through the country. First of all, the hiking was fantastic and rivaled our past trips through Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia and Germany but most of all, the services of Traventuria is what made our experience so outstanding. Our guide was stellar and catered to our needs while subtly changing things as we went to make sure we continuously had the best experience as he got to know us. Our accommodations were varied and always comfortable. The trip was so well organized and since there were 21 of us, that was not easy. The company worked so well with me as I worked with them on the planning of the trip and they were flexible when our plans changed slightly. I can't recommend them high enough. I am the organizer of this group that travels several times a year internationally and my experience with Traventuria has been one of the best to date. I sincerely don't think you can go wrong with trusting Traventuria with your vacation/travel plans.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Enjoyed it greatly, transport and signage was excellent. All of the accommodation was absolutely fine, some was fantastic. Our preference would have been for fewer forest tracks. We took a day off to visit Trigrad gorge ( as suggested) and didn’t regret this. Svielen in Trigrad was great. Rumen made us feel part of his community - and we got to make a complete Horlicks of the Horo too. Loved Mrs Rumen’s mekici. Really loved this holiday.