Open today: 8:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from $51.08
from $34.05
from $45.41
1,173 results
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided hiking trip full day tour small group great hiking rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo private tour driver guide great trip beautiful scenery bulgarian mountains chair lift wonderful guide his knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2018

A full day tour taking in a variety of sightseeing options. Nice walking tour round old town of Plovdiv and good time given for own exploring and lunch. Beautiful scenery on the drive to koprivshtitsa and another pleasant walk around there. Excellent guide and driver. Very good value for money.

Date of experience: May 2018
AmeliyaIlieva, Guest Relations Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time on our tour. We work really hard to offer the best customer service so I am happy to see that reflected on your visit.
We at Traventuria are doing our best to present Bulgaria's culture and nature at its best. Thank you for your high appreciation of our services. It means a lot to us. We hope to welcome you again in Bulgaria. There is plenty more to discover.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I would definitely recommend Traventuria if you go by how their staff operate from the first enquiry (Yuliana and Velina-you are right about Martin) till the trip ends (Martin).

I’ve opted for the hotel pick up and Martin arrived on the dot. Friendly but professional and put me at ease from the start of the trip till the end. Almost like having a travel companion for the day who has local knowledge. Thank you Martin .

I just have to echo Ellen B from Camas, Washington about the trip because she described it very well.

My highlights, of course, the guide, the swallows who made their nests at the entrance to the Merchant place in Melnik, the sundial at the summer garden, the poppies that grew on the wall of winter garden, the gentlemen at the cellar door, a quick stop at the monastery in Melnik, the homemade cherry wine in the plastic bottle at the road side little souvenir place, the waterfall on the way to Rila Monastery (like a white ribbon through the lush green forest), the stream that run alongside the road, the stork that made its nest on top of the electric pole, the little bird that swim in the water next to the place with the grill trout (it was fresh and yummy), the bones of the Saints in the book cover (I’m not quite sure what to think of that), Rila Monastery but I find it too busy with the tourists (however, I cannot really complain since I’m one of them ) and the monk’s room which houses the monk and his novice (imagine only having a total of 1 hour out of 24 hours and only 15min at a time to yourself) and ending the tour 11 hours later back at my hotel.

Pretty impressive time management skill while making sure that the client does not feel rushed at any point.

Once again thank you Yuliana, Velina and last but not least Martin.

2  Thank LoveTravel776144

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

It was a great great experience to The Valley of Roses and surroundings. Since we only stay for, we have urgently booked the car with Traventuria. Its a very big help on our travel. The drive(guide) "Angel", he has planned our trip very urgently, since we have no idea where to go. He helped alot and explain clearly on every spots. Its a great great day for us.

1  Thank Becky_bananaed

Reviewed May 23, 2018

When we visited Sofia, my mother and I booked a trip to Boyana Church and Rila with Traventuria. What a perfect and unforgettable day!! The trip was so well organised and our guide was so nice and knowledgeable that it was a pleasure to travel with him and with the friendly driver. Boyana is stunning and really worth a visit and Rila is breathtaking! A must-visit for travellers to Bulgaria. I hope to be back in Sofia and will certainly book one of the other Traventuria trips.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Miriam W

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

It was very good experience for the day tour to valley of roses with Mr Angel who is a driver. He is not an English guide, but he also arrange program for me according to my interest and even provide some explainations. I was very comfortable and relax all the way.