Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $35.20
from $35.20
from $46.90
from $32.80
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour small group group tour driver guide hiking trip private tour great trip beautiful country his knowledge great guide meeting point excellent tour sofia airport plovdiv
Reviewed September 14, 2017

These guys were fantastic and very professional. They picked us up from our hotel bang on time at 08.20 (for an extra 10 Lev £5) and told us straight away that this was just a pick up and if we wanted to go back to the hotel it would be an extra 10 Lev - we declined as the pick up and drop off point was central and we said we would make our way back from there. We arrived at the central pick up point and others boarded by 9.00 the scheduled departure time but we were still waiting 2 people. Our guide said give it 5 mins and when they still hadn't arrived he said lets go - not to keep the 29 of us who'd arrived on time waiting. We visited the Church first - our guide was extremely knowledgeable and spoke good English and took us in the Church and explained the history, He also took us around the monastery explaining the history and then we had almost 2 hours free time to eat and look around. We got back to Sofia at the appointed time after a good trip.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Four American women, ages 60 through 75, completed the Footsteps of Orpheus 7-day self guided tour in early September. It was absolutely incredible. Not all in our party did the walking every day, but the luggage transport service allowed for complete flexibility in this regard. If you enjoy nature and enjoy participating in local culture, you will love this tour. Interesting inns, remote villages, and beautiful scenery. Itinerary perfect (only we wanted to stay longer!), safe and prompt drivers, and just excellent service all around. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

9-10 September I had free time to explore Bulgaria so I booked to day trips with Traventuria in Sofia. On Saturday, I booked a personalized tour to photograph sites in Plovdiv. The tour was fantastic, as my guide not only showed me the most important historic sites, he provided in-depth discussion of not only the history of the city of Plovdiv, but of Bulgaria as well. Then on Sunday, I joined a group tour to climb up to the Seven Lakes at Rila. Again our guide was fantastic. I not only got the chance to see some of the world's most beautiful mountain terrain, I was able to take the time to photograph it as I wished. On top of that, our guide took us off the beaten path in a direction that gave us the chance to experience much of the mountains with very few other people around. Again, well done Traventuria!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This was a really interesting and well-organised trip. The guides were knowledgeable, with excellent English. The monastery was beautiful, and a visit to the bakery is definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We booked two tours - Rila monastery/Boyana church and Plovdiv/Koprivshtitsa. We were very fortunate to have the same guide (Marina) and the same driver on both tours.
This was a very professionally run operation- on time, modern, comfortable 14 passenger van carefully driven by an obviously competent driver. What made the tours exceptionally memorable was the knowledge of Marina which was passed on to us with clarity and passion. Marina made us feel the history of her beloved Bulgaria- she read us stirring poems and she sang beautifully what I would characterize as a Bulgarian love song.
Both tours involve about two hours of driving each way through the ever changing countryside. The experience was improved because they returned from both end destinations by a different route than the outgoing journey. The Rila/Boyana tour would appeal to both nature and art lovers. I especially liked the Last Supper in the Boyana church complete with garlic buds on the table. The other tour would appeal to nature, history and architecture enthusiasts I think. From beginning to end both tours were a delight and I would recommend them highly.

2  Thank R Z