Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $47.10
from $35.30
from $47.10
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour small group group tour driver guide hiking trip private tour great trip beautiful country his knowledge great guide meeting point excellent tour sofia airport plovdiv
Reviewed September 13, 2017

9-10 September I had free time to explore Bulgaria so I booked to day trips with Traventuria in Sofia. On Saturday, I booked a personalized tour to photograph sites in Plovdiv. The tour was fantastic, as my guide not only showed me the most important historic sites, he provided in-depth discussion of not only the history of the city of Plovdiv, but of Bulgaria as well. Then on Sunday, I joined a group tour to climb up to the Seven Lakes at Rila. Again our guide was fantastic. I not only got the chance to see some of the world's most beautiful mountain terrain, I was able to take the time to photograph it as I wished. On top of that, our guide took us off the beaten path in a direction that gave us the chance to experience much of the mountains with very few other people around. Again, well done Traventuria!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This was a really interesting and well-organised trip. The guides were knowledgeable, with excellent English. The monastery was beautiful, and a visit to the bakery is definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We booked two tours - Rila monastery/Boyana church and Plovdiv/Koprivshtitsa. We were very fortunate to have the same guide (Marina) and the same driver on both tours.
This was a very professionally run operation- on time, modern, comfortable 14 passenger van carefully driven by an obviously competent driver. What made the tours exceptionally memorable was the knowledge of Marina which was passed on to us with clarity and passion. Marina made us feel the history of her beloved Bulgaria- she read us stirring poems and she sang beautifully what I would characterize as a Bulgarian love song.
Both tours involve about two hours of driving each way through the ever changing countryside. The experience was improved because they returned from both end destinations by a different route than the outgoing journey. The Rila/Boyana tour would appeal to both nature and art lovers. I especially liked the Last Supper in the Boyana church complete with garlic buds on the table. The other tour would appeal to nature, history and architecture enthusiasts I think. From beginning to end both tours were a delight and I would recommend them highly.

2  Thank R Z
Reviewed September 11, 2017

This was a wonderful trip with a lovely group of people who met at 7:00 am as strangers and parted at 18:30 having shared a great experience. Meto, our guide arrived on time and was interesting, pleasant and very helpful. When I found the walking hard, he carried my bag for me and encouraged me until I completed the hike successfully. You do not have to be super fit for this hike but it is quite strenuous and you wlll find yourself out of breath - but it is definitely worth the effort. The view at the end of the climb is spectacular. I would definitely recommend this trip

1  Thank sjlsjl1203
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

The tour itself was good, with the exception of the guide's English pronunciation that wasn't so perfect or fluent and most of times I couldn't understand a whole phrase.
I was sitting in the bus in the middle with a disturbing noise right in my ears the whole duration of the journey to the Monastery. It seriously didn't let me rest and gave me headache.

TraventuriaAdmin, Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Ioana,

Many thanks for the review.

We strongly believe that you have not been on a tour from our schedule. All our vehicles are carefully checked after and before every tour. I am sorry, but we can not refer you to any of our vehicles, that had some technical problems recently or any complaints of the language of the guide.

Best Regards