“Pirin Rila week hike”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 58 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

I have just completed the Pirin Rila Traventuria hike from 29 July to 5 August. My guide was Mitko. The hike was sensational. The mountains were spectacular, forests were enchanting. Every day something new without it being too much. Mitko the guide challenged us, made us laugh, taught us about Bulgarian history and culture and is passionate about exploring and respecting the environment. He has given me a lifelong passion for hiking!

Date of experience: August 2017
All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 56 reviews
"his knowledge"
"excellent tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Beautiful scenery and some fun scrambling. I very much enjoyed the hikes, and dinner with the two grandmothers was very memorable. Good bang for your buck.

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

We absolutely loved the day trip to the seven lakes and the monestry! It was worth the price. We had a great time, it was a nice trip in a small group and we were very lucky with our guide, Vasko. He was very nice and he taught us a lot, not only about the lakes and the monastry, but also about Bulgaria. He made the tour even more fun.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Brilliant staff who help you before and during your trip.

Traventuria is ideally located just below the Gondola station and is an ideal place to store your skis after a hard day on the Pirin mountains.

I would advise going premium and VIP to assure you get the best quality equipment. A lot of the boots last year were brand new! Spot on.

I have been to Bansko three times and have used them each time. Going twice this year and will be recommending their lessons and ski hire to my family

Date of experience: January 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2017

I took the guided tour to the Rila Mountains by Traventuria on 29th September, the tour was really well organised and the mountain scenery was just amazing, luckily the weather was also perfect. Our tour guide, Vasco made the hike just even better, he was respectful and supportive to the whole group, checking that no one left behind and supporting those who needed some help on the hike. Vasco also taught me perfectly how to use the trekking poles. When he mentioned that he would be the tour guide for a Vitosha mountain hike as well, I booked that immediately. I also recommend the Vitosha tour, the same experience, amazing scenery and of course the superb guiding from Vasco!!! I travel a lot, but these two hikes were the best experiences in this year for me!

Date of experience: July 2017