“Bulgaria trekking holiday”

and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed July 11, 2017

To Whom It May Concern,
I just completed your Pirin to Rila trip today and I couldn't even wait until I arrived home to tell you how impressed I was with your company.

I have visited many countries with various companies but never experienced anything as incredible as what i did with your company.

The itinerary was perfectly thought out and each day surpassed the one before. I loved the fact that the group was small. It added a real personal touch and made me feel like I was trekking with family.

As for our guide, I cannot say enough great things about Alex. He is an amazing ambassador for your country. He was incredibly knowledgeable, charismatic, thoughtful, helpful and always went above and beyond the calls of duty to make sure everyone was happy. Nothing was ever a problem for him to do and he always did everything with a smile. He is obviously passionate about his work.

I really cannot thank you enough for giving me the most incredible memories of your beautiful country.
I am leaving Bulgaria with a heavy heart but I am sure that I will return in the future.

From the bottom of my heart thank you for this inspiring experience.
I wish you every success for the future.
Go raibh mile maith agat.
Karina Johns

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"small group"
in 15 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"hiking trip"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic tour: leaving at the Alexander Nevski Cathedral in a nice air-conditioned van. The tour guide told us a lot about the places we were going to see and about the history of Bulgaria. It's the ideal tour, enough time everywhere to explore and an easy transfer.

Mind you: if you are quite tall, don't sit in front of the bus because you will feel cramped. (I'm 1.74m and my knees were against the board all the time. 2 hours of not being able to move your legs (even if it's a few cm) is not that nice.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We did the small group hiking tour of the Rila lakes. It was fantastic; amazing views of the lakes from the top. Vasco (our tour guide) was great, very knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

We did the Rila monastery and Rila lakes combined tour--both were worth visiting, in very different ways. Our tour guide, Met, was incredibly knowledgeable about the mountains, the art and architecture of the monastery, and the history of Bulgaria. He was fun and generally a great guide. I highly recommend using Traventuria (especially if you can get Met as your tour guide) if you want a chance for both a beautiful hike and a beautiful trip to one of Bulgaria's most transcendent and historic sites.