“Snowshoe Trek Across The Vitosha, Rila and Pirin Mountains”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.06*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Had a wonderful week snowshoeing in the Bulgarian mountains! Very well organized also when booking this private trip. Challenging trek with great fun. Our guide Lyuben took us to some nice peaks to see the great views. Friendly accommodations where we've been taken good care of. Really a recommendation.

All reviews
"rila monastery and boyana church"
in 52 reviews
"small group"
in 15 reviews
"group tour"
in 5 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"hiking trip"
"bulgarian mountains"
"wander around"
"always on time"

Reviewed February 20, 2017

We took a day trip to Boyana church and Rila monastery. Very knowledgeable guide, Constance, that told stories of both the sites and Bulgarien history and culture. Rila monastery should not be missed, the monastery church and buildings are amazing with the surrounding mountains towering on each side.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I booked this tour online with kind assistance by chat, answering all my questions ahead of the tour. As it was winter season I got picked up from the hotel and after collecting some more customers we drove to an outskirt of Sofia visiting a small but very special church called Boyana. then we took off to Rila mountain and had a smooth ride through a beautiful countryside. Though we started in a grey rainy Sofia it changed to sunny conditions. We got a short introduction as well as the preordered audio guide gave an insight to this very old and outstanding monastary. After a couple of hours of enjoying the beautiful place we had another nice way back - catching a short idea about the countryside. As it was still winter and the mountains snow covered we were not able to visit the caves, which in summer surely must be a great short trekking tour. The guide was well informed with a very good command of English and always ready to answer all questions handsomely and profound. The driver was well experienced and responsible. I recommend this tour as a delightful change from the city.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

Having been in Bulgaria twice before, I wanted to make sure that on this trip I did not miss the Rila Monastery with the one free day that I had. I am sure glad that I chose this tour mostly because our guide, Martin really made it interesting for us.

I opted for the hotel pick-up and he arrived right on time. He drove us first to the Boyana Church so that we would miss any crowds (they only allow eight people at a time in the church for ten minutes) and he gave us a good presentation of the various sections of the church (including trying to get us to find the twelfth apostle in the last supper fresco).

From there, we drove to the Rila Monastery and he not only gave us a good overview of the Monastery itself but also took us through the museum there.where you do not want to miss the detail in Raphael's cross (hand carved out of a single piece of wood). We then had free time to explore the Monastery grounds itself . Martin had given us some good advice about what to see and what to avoid.

This was a very enjoyable day and I am glad that I did it with this company and guide.

2  Thank NEHiker_11
See more reviews
Reviewed February 3, 2017

It was a perfect day trip. Though Boyana church is not very far from Sofia it is not easy to get there by public transportation and Rila mountains with Rila Monastery are an hour and half drive from Sofia.
We booked the trip thinking it includes only the transportation, but it was much more.
I very good guide telling history and art and let us understand much better the meaning and beauty of the places we visited. The price Eur 35 does not include the entrance fees still it is a very very reasonalbe price for the services we got. If you plane to visit places round and a bit further from Sofia the best to do it with Traventuria Day Tours. Easy to book online and great to travel with them.