“Trekking Riemst Rila and Pirin Mountains july 2016”

Traventuria - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.17*
and up
The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery
Ranked #3 of 46 Outdoor Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: Traventuria Ltd is a fully bonded Bulgarian tour operator, possessing a management with experience of over 10 years in the field of the incoming tourism in Bulgaria and the Balkans. The company offers cultural and active holidays, private transfers, ski and snow board packages. Flexibility, local knowledge and perfection in all our services are our distinctive feature!
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Very excellent organisation with a big 9/10. We were lucky to have a lovely guide called Annie.....a.very dynamic young lady with a great big smile. It was also a very nice tour we made in the Rila and Pirin mountains with good accomodations in family hotels. A great experience for us was the culture part of the tour. Super en recommanded.......our felicitations

Berto Schoenmaekers
Trekking Riemst

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
in 6 reviews
"always on time"
"excellent english"

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! We were impressed by the mountains and lakes as a site by itself, but our extremely competent and kind guide made the whole trip memorable and recommendable. Martin (guide) did a great job giving us information and knowledge of the sites, and because one in the group had a bad foot, he showed patience and had nothing against our later arrival back to Sofia. He gave us all the time we needed taking photos and helped us pointing out great spots for doing so background-wise. He is a guide without comparison, he is doing a terrific job, and made our day trip one of the best days on our entire interrail trip. Please, give our best regards to him :-)

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Plovdiv was awesome. Our guide Giorgi? (sp) was SUPER knowledgeable about the town and it's history. The only disappointments in Plovdiv were not the tours fault. The first was there was a concert going on in the Roman ampitheater so there was this huge ugly stage blocking the view. I would have liked to go back down into it but I would have had pics of an ugly modern stage. Now...this would have been cool if I could have stayed the night i would have gone to the concert it was prbly amazing in the old ampitheater. The second is the history museum. I wouldn't have gone if i knew u couldn't take pictures....I'm not sure the museum grasps the concept that photos don't ruin objects ....unless you use the flash on certain things. Other museums like the archeology museum in sofia allow photos so i didn't see the point other than to maybe sell u one of their "approved" books. If u go to Plovdiv, you can skip this museum. Go to the park or shopping or to the little museum right adjacent to the archeology one. It has a beautiful carriage and the woman was more than happy to let us photograph etc. In Koprivshtitsa start of quick , u may be short of time. There is a private house that the guy opened for us , he's the great great grandson? of the guy involved in the uprising who was a merchant. It is a GORGEOUS house and only 3 leva. Make sure you allow time because he loves to talk and he's interesting. Up the hill you will see a woman on the left she has a shop and makes pancakes with homemade jam, we didn't have time for pancakes as she has a gorgeous shop we would have like to eat in so I bought some of her homemade jam (4 leva). then up the hill and around on corner i got some amazing handmade socks. I skipped the little ones because my grandmother makes the same ones ( she's Polish) but they have long ones in the style from the town 100% wool . They are pricier but she makes her own jewelry and has a little gallery and they are totally worth it. I recommend after seeing the towns, maybe go back and try to stay in them for a night or weekend, you could use a night in Koprivshtitsa just to take in country life and get photos.
Overall really great. We ran late and Giorgi was cool about it. He offered to drop everyone off and he was super knowledgeable about Bulgaria and gave info the entire trip, no awkward silences. He also has a company so maybe ask him about his action tours. I didn't have time to ask him more but if your interested I'm sure they are fun too. Go , you'll have fun!!! I also recommend getting the hotel pickup. I was afraid I would be late or get lost. This is easy and worth the 5 extra euros to just have coffee and someone picks you up.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

The trip to Boyana church and Rila monastery was really nice! Impressive nature, architecture and art. The tour guide, Martin was also a delight! He explained the history of the place very thorougly and had answers to all of our questions. On top of it, he was also funny and super cute. I highly reccommend it!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2016

This was an excellent tour and very reasonably priced. I booked through Viator from Australia and all the arrangements worked perfectly. I took this tour because Rila is a couple of hours from Sofia and difficult to get to independently; it was a bonus that Boyana was also included - two UNESCO sites in one day. The guide was excellent - very friendly and highly knowledgeable. My fellow travellers were a veritable United Nations - everyone was friendly and we all sat around the one table at lunch, with the guide; we could have kept talking all afternoon. I believe it was the guide who set the tone for the whole day, making it both educational and enjoyable. Well done Traventuria!