Book In Advance
Tours from Traventuria - Day Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Traventuria - Day Tours
from $57.63
from $34.58
from $47.24
More Info
All reviews rila monastery and boyana church rila lakes self guided full day tour hiking trip small group group tour driver guide rhodope mountains veliko tarnovo great trip beautiful scenery bulgarian history recommend this trip wonderful guide his knowledge excellent tour
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I did this the tour of Plodiv and Koprivshtitsa with George, we were a group of 4 people. George told us a lot of interesting history and stories and it was a great day out. I enjoyed Plodiv the most.

Reviewed June 19, 2016

We used this travel agency to take a trip from Sofia to Rila (to see the Rila Monastry and Buyana Church) and found it to be really great!! Our guide (Martin), was a very friendly guy, happy to answer questions and spoke great english. I also appreciated that we were offered "choices" at every point, unlike the usual tours and Martin was sensitive about the needs of all the different passengers.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Did the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church tour. My friend kept raving about how fantastic the tour guide Vicky from the same company was the day before- how she explained so much not just about the specific sites then say but Bulgarian history and life and even worked in an additional unscheduled stop . Vicky gives this tour also but a few days later and we would no longer be in Sofia by then.
Instead we had a different guide and received the Minimum! Absolutely no explanation about anything on the 2 hours plus drives and very little when at Rila.
Worse: only because Boyana Church refuses to have more than 8 people in the church at one time for not more than 10 minutes, did our guide not succeed in having all 16-18 of us crammed at one time into the tiny space where not only it would have been difficult to view the frescos because of so many people but would have caused damage to the art. His explanation was minimal and I doubt we had the entire 10 minutes as he rushed us through for the next group.

Date of experience: June 2016
TraventuriaAdmin, Manager at Traventuria - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Lady,
Thank you for the written review on TripAdvisor. I believe there is some kind of mistake, since we do not have a guide named Vicky or with a name similar to this. Probably you have traveled with another company.
Be well and all the best from me and my team,
Svet

Reviewed May 18, 2016

An excellent day trip, almost a two hour journey from Sofia to Plovdiv with a rest stop enroute, our guide and drive Georgi Valiavicharski spoke good English and knowledge of his country and locations was incredible, he had time for everyone on the tour explaining in good detail all of the places of interest that we visited, allowing us plenty of free time in Plovdiv before finishing our day in the delightful mountain village of Koprivshtitsa situated in a remote mountainside valley, a well recommended day out.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Heathrowcountry
Reviewed May 7, 2016

I took a one day tour to Plovdiv, Starosel and Koprivshtitsa with this company. The trip included a tour of each place with free time in Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa to look around. The tour of Plovdiv did not cover all places of interest but there was time to visit other sites by myself. The commentary was good and the tour was well organised.

Date of experience: April 2016